"Typical" Factors Question

I'm thinking of putting together a "Typical" tournament.

I need to know if the unit parameters or quality, changes with the year, month, location, type of unit or are the units randomized to have a mix of factors?

5 minutes ago, Ted said:

I need to know if the unit parameters or quality, changes with the year, month, location, type of unit or are the units randomized to have a mix of factors?

Yes. :D

More specifically typical is based on an assessment of a formation and nationality's state of affairs in a particular time frame. So, yes, changing formations and time frames will change what factors you see in your formation. Also, if you purchase the same formation a few times the various sub units will not have all the same combination of factors. So, yes, there is some randomness involved in how those factors are assigned.

Thanks Cat.

So in your opinion would it be worth doing 3 scenarios in a time frame such as a first month, middle and last month leaving the OOB up to the players? Most of the CM (WWII) games that span is not all that great. Instead of the changing the time of year perhaps focusing on types of units, army, SS, Guards, Para's, would show a greater variation.

20 hours ago, Ted said:

So in your opinion would it be worth doing 3 scenarios in a time frame such as a first month, middle and last month leaving the OOB up to the players? Most of the CM (WWII) games that span is not all that great. Instead of the changing the time of year perhaps focusing on types of units, army, SS, Guards, Para's, would show a greater variation.

You will likely get a wider variation by changing the unit types than just the time frame. It really depends on the time though. I'm sure someone could dig around and find some examples of larger changes between one month and a few later. I have no idea where those changes might be though.

Fortress Italy has a pretty wide time range now - if you include all modules. It might be a good candidate for finding some larger differences based on time alone.

Edited by IanL
completed thought

Thanks again for the response.

I was thinking of Red Thunder but I'm already running a CMRT tournament and thought I might change it up some.

I'd like to use CMFB thinking that it may have the greatest variations in the quality of OOB's being late war and all. (I like the FB maps too.)

I'll float the idea over on the FGM and see what the FGM'ers think. Maybe get a few more responses.