Elvis, need help sorting my current CM pkgs and what is needed pls

Gromit

Elvis and the Board:

Greetings guys, it's Gromit. Been away from the CM scene but just got a new PC and I need to get some clarification on my current library of CM titles & what items I need to buy to be up-to-date and any limitations/drawbacks to certain setups.

Here is the list from my orders page:  (Note that these purchases were from 2011 thru 2017, so they are not optimal)

• CM Battle for Normandy Engine 1 
  • CM Fortress Italy Engine 2
  • CM Commonwealth Forces Module
  • CMBN Upgrade 2
  • Upgrade 4 Big Bundle

If I read the website correctly, it seems I am missing a package to take CMBN from Engine 1 to Engine 3 so the Upgrade 4 BB will work wrt CMBN? Also, if I want the complete Brit experience, would I be better off just getting the Big Bundle for CMBN as I only have the one small piece currently?

My goal is to bring my current packages up to speed (and completeness, i.e., the Brits) and then add on the later modules, etc. as I go. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance,

Paul West (Gromit)

p.s., a belated congrats on the position Elvis, you deserve it!

Edited by Gromit

Use the installers that are linked to the 'Upgrade 4 Big Bundle'. These should be the latest, including all patches (not absolutely certain on the 4.03 patch).

For CMBN your current purchases cover the 'base' CMBN game and the Commonwealth module. To be fully up-to-date it looks like you need a CMBN 3.0 Upgrade license key to actually license the 4.0 Upgrade bundle.

For activating CMBN you would need the 3.0 Upgrade license key, the 4.0 Upgrade license key and the Commonwealth module license key. The earlier 1.0 and 2.0 Upgrade license keys will NOT be necessary.

For CMFI you also need the CMFI 3.0 Upgrade. Licensing would require the 3.0 Upgrade and the 4.0 Upgrade. The 2.0 base game license key shouldn't be necessary.

For CMBN and Commonwealth forces there is the Commonwealth module (that you already have), the Market Garden module (Brit Paras), the Vehicle Pack (some Brit 'funnies') and I believe the CMBN Battle Pack has some battles with Commonwealth forces.

For CMFI, the Gustav Line module introduces Commonwealth Forces and the Rome to Victory module brings in A LOT of Commonwealth Forces not previously covered in Gustav Line and furthers the TOE of Commonwealth Forces to the end of the war in Italy.

Edited by Schrullenhaft