Impossible to overwrite save files in CMBS

Hi you rascals, I... I have an issue.

I cant overwrite a save since yesterday, it looks like the usual loading screen for save files but the file doesnt change.

basically Im forced to do a new save every time but I mean f that, the point of a save system is to organize my campaigns the way I want.

Ive reinstalled, looked for an "alternative" save folder in documents and stuff, no apparent issues on anything else. Its the steam version of the game but it shouldnt change anything from what I understand.

Any idea of how to fix ? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately launching in admin doesnt do anything, as for the second one its more of a workaround than a fix. If the game is gonna be this expensive yo would expect the SAVES to work idn, its a fundamental feature of pretty much every video game/simulation ever... Is there a way to report a bug to the devs directly ?Especially if its an Engine issue, in which case every single one of there games is broken. That sounds pretty bad.

Ive noticed the game folder is in read only but Im pretty sure thats the way its supposed to be. Besides my other CM games are also in read only and last time I checked they saved fine. pretty sure this is an CMX related issue...

After some investigating the "no trespassing" sign is actually a selection tool for saves ?! Could you choose a less related icon tho ? Or just, idk let people shift and ctrl click ?
So the problem arise when MANUALLY deleting files from the save folder, and from what Ive gathered there is no known fix.

I've tried reinstalling, launching as admin, played with the read only setting, tried to find another save folder somewhere else that would confuse the game. No results for now. If anyone as a new idea, Id love to try it because this is unplayable.

16 hours ago, Pr0Gam3rDude69 said:

this is unplayable

Well there's an exaggeration if ever I saw one. You can always just let the game increment the save number every time you save and then go back and bulk delete when you're finished with the battle you're playing. Not ideal but it works great and the game is certainly playable. I prefer myself to have one save that I keep overwriting so I feel the pain too btw.

It's definitely a recent thing as it used to work fine, maybe introduced by latest engine updates. You're not the first to spot it and it's been reported I believe so hopefully a fix will come in the next patch.

MMM