QB - 5000 points v1.01 vs v1.02

Hey,

I just figured out that ppl with 1.01 of CM cant make a QB over 1000 points, but the people with the later 1.02 CD's can make them upto 5000 points. What I was wondering is if the person with v1.02 CM makes the setup of a QB at 5000 points will the v1.01 CM allow him to play with 5000 points? (in the PBEM game)

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Good Question

I have the v1.01 update but can only get a quick battle at 1000 points

I did not knows others with the v1.02 CD could have 5000 point Quick battles.

I thouhgt the v1.01 patch and the New CD with v1.02 on it were the SAME identical software

apparently they are not.

Seems like we are being punished for preordering.

any comments?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OsinO:

Hey,

I just figured out that ppl with 1.01 of CM cant make a QB over 1000 points, but the people with the later 1.02 CD's can make them upto 5000 points. What I was wondering is if the person with v1.02 CM makes the setup of a QB at 5000 points will the v1.01 CM allow him to play with 5000 points? (in the PBEM game)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OsinO,

Trust me, i don't plan on taking on a player who gets 5000 pts when i only get 1000! eek.gif

We're just going to see if you can purchase 5000 pts worth of units. Once we find that out we can dump the set-up.

BTW, my ICQ is all screwed-up and i'm too lazy to fix it. Check my profile for my e-mail address to send the set-up.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

My guess is that it would work. A QB generated at 5000pts on 1.02 and sent to another player with 1.01 should be no problem. I believe it is just the same as any other scenario file and there's no hard-coded point limit on those.

Now generating a QB w/ 5000pts obviously would require 1.02.

Guest herbjorn

Seeing as the cm engine is contained in the exe file, perhaps it would be a simple hack to change the 1.01 limit of 1000p to 5000p?

Perhaps I will try changing it to 60000p once my 1.02 CD arrives tongue.gif