Building Protection Questions

Hi all!  Our group is just getting back into CM2 (the WW2 titles) and have a few questions on building protection.

1.  I seem to remember when we first tried CM2(back when it was first released), buildings didn’t offer a lot of protection (even from small arms fire).  Is this still the case?  I ask since I saw someone mention in a thread about “improved” building protection with patch 4x. 
  2. Does the size or texture of the building have any impact on protection from troops inside?

Thanks!

Curtis

Texture has no impact but size (and theater of operations) does. The most porous buildings are barns, the most resistant are cathedrals. Big building are more difficult to hole than small buildings. In WWII titles most-everybody is firing big bullet 7.62 (or an equivalent), in post-war titles they're mostly firing 5.56 (or an equivalent), which affects building penetration. I recall playing CM:Afghanistan watching Russian special forces lose to Mujahideen in a building-to-building duel because the Mujis were using big bullet British Enfield rifles that could pierce walls better.