Over-run

Guest hunt52

The tank drives by. The infantry laugh and toss in a grenade smile.gif

No running people over. Sorry...

I manouvred (sp?) a Rifle squad to within 0 meters of a Tiger in a PBEM game and they didn't fire! (luckily a Hellcat picked them up.)

- Bill

If only we had a FAQ...

It's coming, it's coming!! biggrin.gif

Short answer: no

Long answer:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/001375.html

Beware: the thread gets a bit nasty, but it explains the running over of infantry.

Jason - dispensing urls since 1906

Member FDIC. All rights reserved. Not valid in Guam, Puerto Rico, or Seychelles. May cause upset stomach and nausea.

Was running over weapons in the demo? I was playing Last Defense as the Amis over the weekend, and around turn 20 or so, I still had two kittens left, while (thanks to Cpl Prior) the Krauts had no armor left. So, I was running the cats up the road that runs from the center of the town to the American right. They were under cover of 2 mmgs and had two full squads and a hq with them. In the little piece of woods just to the American side of the road was a veteran MG42, with no supporting units. Not only could I not suppress these UBERMEN, but I tried to run the gun over (the movie sure made it look like I was successful), shoot it with HE, AP, the mgs of the cats and the support fire to no effect. These guys laughed at my overwhelming assault force, and proceeded to wipe out one and a half of my squads and 3 of the 4 memebers of my hq unit as the cats stood 25 meters away, unbuttoned, firing he and mg fire at them, and also had the two mmgs firing from the nearest building. They weren't even suppressed! They fired an unbelievably long burst of mg fire (literally 20 straight seconds) before the mg42 became immobile. If the veteran troops are that good, the elite forces must be suicidal. Has anyone else run into this type of situation?

CrapGame out