Copyright Question - Tactical Maps

I'm working on a new scenario while my first "real" one is out for play testing, and as things are evolving, I'm getting fairly deep into the Tactical Map presentation. We know the dimensions can make the map a bit awkward to deal with depending on the area being played on, so, as others have done, I'm filling in part of the area with other things relevant to the situation. As this scenario is an operation with the British 1st Airlanding Brigade, I put in their patch as a filler. Of course, I don't think they even exist today (it's morphed into something else), but is it ok copyright-wise to include their patch in with the Tactical Map? Has anyone else done something like this that you know of? I'm quite sensitive to copyrights and follow the rules religiously, thus the question.

Thanks much :) .

Canuck, I doubt that the British government bother to actually copyright their army's unit patches. But if they did, they would be in public domain by now I'd imagine. Besides, you're not doing this for profit. And if unit patches are copyrighted, a lot of us are in trouble, including BFC most likely (That patch is used in some of the MG scenario briefings)!

Sorry, can't let this go. The unit logo/patch would more likely be classified as a trademark. But regardless, the British government weren't using them for commercial purposes in the first place, so don't know what claim Boris and company would make now against you. :) 

And chances are he'd never see it anyway :) . Now, I understand you aren't a copyright attorney or do you play one on TV, BUT, did you stay in a Holiday Inn last night (and you probably have to be at least in your middle ages to understand that one) :D ?