How about this for artificial intelligence?

This happened while testing a map I've been working on. The only victory flag was in one corner and by the end all that was left in the vicinity was a Tiger, a Humber armoured car and some British infantry.

The infantry immobilised the Tiger but the Tiger sorted them out with its gun and Nahverteidigungswaffe (first time I've seen it used - very impressive!). In the meantime, the Humber, which had run right into the corner and seemed to be contemplating leaving the board, shifted into reverse and parked itself right next to the Tiger at its 9 o'clock (the British infantry was at its 3).

When I went to target the Humber, it said, "Hit 0% Kill Excellent"... The little binary Humber driver had figured out that he could stop the German from gaining the win and avoid being killed by getting in so close that the 88 couldn't reach it.

Seeing as crew-to-crew fisticuffs isn't modelled, at least not while their vehicles are in good working order, there was nothing to be done apart from rude gestures and abusive language...

While I'm impressed with the AI, I think it's disgraceful that BTS, while telling us that it's all but eliminated gamey trickery, allows my processor to make full use of it. smile.gif I've told me PC that if it pulls a stunt like that again, it can find itself another opponent...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

You might consider it "gamey" but I've read a real life account of a Sherman doing just that to a Panther -- He got in so close the Panther couldn't shoot him. Pretty clever if you ask me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "gamey" bit was tongue-in-cheek. I was wondering if anyone knew of a real-life occurrence of this nature. I'm glad you mentioned it, proof yet again of what a great game this is.

Patboivin: Here's how it looked. The closest the Tiger could get to being on target was to have the 88's muzzle brake resting on the head of the commander of the Humber. Maybe it could have beaten him up by traversing back and forth...

Guest Michael emrys

Actually, he could have fired a round and the muzzle blast would have done bad things to the Humber commander's hairdo.

Michael