ASL maps updated!

I start up a new thread here so that not anyone is wondering were all the converted ASL maps are biggrin.gif

The map collection is growing and since last weekend they have now become 7 and the latest ones are #1 the city and #8 the second mountainous river map. Also I've added some tips and tricks to the design notes that hopefully will grow into a tutorial for ASL map conversion.

Also I have plans for doing some scenarios based on these maps. If anyone makes a scenario on these maps or ones made larger or otherwise modified I'll be happy putting it on the site. It would make a nice addition to the maps.

Check it out ..

http://www.freebox.com/asl2cm/

have fun!

Col. Klotz

Guest aaronb

These maps are remarkable, and bring back great memories.

If only we could slap a bunch of them together like in A/SL!

Thanks guys, I agree these maps bring memories back.

I really hope for maps to be saved in separate files, I know I'm repeating myself here, but it would make it possible to use these homemade maps in Quickbattles and possibly making it easier combining them.

I'm not sure about the the golfer, it seems to use some kind of low velocity indirect fire, very similar to a mortar. It also have a very high hit probabilty on bunkers biggrin.gif

Col Klotz

Guest dirkd1976

Nice job man, beautiful maps smile.gif These bring back some memories........time to say goodbye to the old hex based maps and enter the 21 century!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Guest Molyneaux2

Hoowah Colonel!!!

Finally I can walk around in all those places I know so well wink.gif

Hope some way to link em together can be found in the future, want to refight all those old scenarios in CM's 3d world.

Keep up the good work!

Molyneaux

Yes indeed! It brings back pleasants memories of my youth where many a valiant cardboard warrior fought and fell on those sacred gemomorphic battlefields!

It will be neat to have revist these so very well known places again and see them in a new light. And yes... A cut and paste and flip horizonatl, rotate right, etc capability in the map builder should would be nice!

------------------

March To The Sound Of The Guns