Designer Notes Formatting Question

G'Day All. I'm working on my first scenario (yes, still :D), and currently am writing up a piece for my Designer Notes section. I'm using Text Edit from my Apple machine and it saves it to the .rtf format. The game doesn't recognize that so I've converted it to plain text using that option in Text Edit. However, when I do that, some of the punctuation is replaced with unicode (I guess) characters. I've tried with both the 8 and 16 options, but neither solve the issue. It looks fine in the document itself, but as soon as I import it into the game, I get the odd characters. Is there a step I'm missing here, and if so, could someone clue me in please? Many thanks.

Glenn

Glenn,

An idea off the top of my head. IBM PC here...

Go into scenario editor and load a stock scenario, one that came with the game. Find one that has something in the designers notes and EXPORT it. It gives an opportunity to rename so save it as designer notes format or soemthing.

Then go look at it and just try to copy it using your info and then try to import in your scenario?

Great minds think alike 😀. That's what I did and it works just fine. I suspect when I tried the first time, not all the code was being done away with in going from RTF to plain text. I ended up doing the same thing with the Briefing as well. So thanks for that. I think I actually have the scenario ready (but it's definitely "different" <LOL>). I'll be in touch.

Glenn