Feature Request - Indirect Fire direction

It seems like the system is set to order FFE regardless of what it has (or more to the point, hasn't) spotted whenever the 'deadline' is up. This seems to, too often lead to a fire mission pounding a bunch of foliage that isn't necessarily anywhere close to the intended target! I have found that I can 'tweak' this a little by ordering a light or harassing mission with Maximum use, and then just adjusting it myself if I see that no spotting rounds have to land close to the target. That worked once, but is really a micro-management that seems at odds with how it's supposed to be done! Surely, if the spotter has yet to observe round land on target, it should not order FFE, regardless, until they've confirmed something has landed at least, relatively close and where they can see it! Isn't that how RL would be?

Also, given the ability to adjust fire, shouldn't we also be able to change the intensity of the mission? Again, isn't that something an observer would do if they thought it necessary in RL?

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Good point.  It may depend on whether it's WW2 era or modern (and which nationality).  I would assume modern and western would have more flexibility.

Yeh, this is definitely in regard to WW2 era SCW's. Modern weaponry I'm not so familiar with, but I would imagine they've improved!