Improving graphics quality with widescreen monitor

I recently purchased a 21:9 monitor with 3440x1440 resolution. Unfortunately, when I run any of the CM games, the graphics quality has dropped, with everything appearing somewhat blocky and grainy compared to what I was seeing with my old screen. I've got all the quality settings maxed out and set for full screen at desktop resolution. Is there any way to improve the appearance of the game with a widescreen monitor by altering the settings in-game? Or do I need to start messing with the graphics card (GTX 1650 Super) settings directly?

You need to make sure the game is not running on an integrated graphics card - they are notorious for messy looking text along with other issues. I would guess that is not the problem you are hitting but just in case.

The other culprit is Anti alisasing which is discussed in a few threads linked on the FAQ. Check out the Performace section here: The CM2 FAQ Thread

And with high resolution monitors sometimes Windows or you run your UI scaled and you need to override the settings for the game so that it uses the full resolution:

Also, the game may be using the OLD resolution.

Go into the Battlefront game's folder. You'll find a "display size.txt" file. It will have three numbers in it, e.g., "1920 1080 0". You can reset them to "0 0 0", or just delete the file.

Then, open the game, Menu/Options, select "Desktop Resolution".

That should reset the game to your new desktop size.