CM = Rich Attention to Detail, beyond what may be expected REALLY

I have been playing and commenting, (ok, at times RANTING) about this game since the days last year of the Beta Demo while the game was still in development. So I figured by now I had seen just about EVERY cool feature and indepth detail this game could reveal.

BUT NO!

I have never seen this before, Check this out!

(Now THIS is REAL attention to Detail, it really made me think this game is so FULL and RICH with detail I was moved to post here smile.gif )

Yesterday I was play a QB on a map with REALLY large hills, the only Victory Flag was at the summit of the biggest hill on the map and I was sure the OPFOR was just on the other side of the hill but I could not see any of them, I was the germans and there were sound contacts of light armour from that general direction.

So I let loose with my 81 mm mortors, without LOS, via the spotter, and a few minutes later its starts raining death down the summit area and the area behind the summit that I have NO LOS to.

NOW get this, after about 2 minuts of shelling in the general direction of those previous sound contacts, I can see a column of black billowing smoke, SO from my omniscient commander view I go over there and check it out, well there NOTHING that I can see (because none of my units have LOS to that area of the ground)that is casuing the smoke, it just looks like the ground is billowing smoke, but I must of nailed something good smile.gif with one of those mortar rounds.

SO my units can spot the smoke column but NOT the cause of the smoke, I thought this was REALLY cool!

Later close inspection (via real LOS) revealed I got lucky and dropped one into a Half Track and Brewed it up!

VERY cool Feature, I'm still impressed that there are new features like this that are still surprising me. smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 12-29-2000).]

SPOILER INFO ON THE "CLASH OF EAGLES" SCENARIO.................................

I had discovered a similar thing, Tom, in the noted scenario. Off at one corner of the game map, in the first turns of the game, the US CAS aircraft kept zooming in and strafing up a region I didn't have LOS to. Eventually several smoke trails started to drift up from that area, but what the smoke came from wasn't shown. That was a quick indicator that SOMETHING sizable had been deployed over there.