Revisiting this game in 2020 - 2021

I ordered T-72 in 2005 when it first came out.  I got a beautiful manual and two CD disks In a non descriptive brown envelope In the mail...cool!!! I played and eventually won all 18 missions on an under-spec computer.  I recall trying to down the Mi-8 helicopter with the AA matching gun with the lousiest frame rate ever.  I finally did it.

A friend gave me an old laptop that he was about to throw away and I installed Windows XP and T-72!  I’m going to try to beat it again.

Anybody else playing right now?  This game was dismissed by the Steel Beasts community back then and is the best kept secret in the tank sim world.

I’ll post my progress.  Right now, I’m relearning controls and going through training missions.

Edited by Armored Fist 1994
I can’t do anything right the first time!

• Armored Fist 1994 changed the title to Revisiting this game in 2020 - 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm still playing this game in 2023.  I pretty much exclusively play my own mission updates for it now.  The game has really stood the test of time, and the AI in it can make the missions play out differently each time you play them.

I have not been able to find the skins for the T-72, T-55, and T-34/85, which would be great to update them to a more modernized look.

I love how the game makes you feel like you are really there.