CTD on 'Nightstalkers'

Sulman

Hi all,

I've noted a repeatable CTD on this TF Thunder campaign mission. After running through the wego/replay phase and pressing the red button to enter command phase (50 minutes left on the clock) I get a CTD. It is the turn right after the first set of reinforcements arrive. I went t do an earlier save and intentionally did nothing for a few turns, and it still happens at the same time.

This is on the Mac version, both on 2.03 and 2.04. I wonder if there's some sort of trigger in the mission at that timestamp that's causing it. Anybody else experienced it?

Edited by Sulman

I believe this same mission caused CTDs with CMSF1 (that never truly went away with any of the patches). I don't know if there was any significant rewriting of some of these missions for CMSF2. Some campaigns have seen such rewrites (usually to take advantage of some of the AI improvements), but I'm not certain if this is the case with TF Thunder.

12 hours ago, Sulman said:

Hi all,

I've noted a repeatable CTD on this TF Thunder campaign mission. After running through the wego/replay phase and pressing the red button to enter command phase (50 minutes left on the clock) I get a CTD. It is the turn right after the first set of reinforcements arrive. I went t do an earlier save and intentionally did nothing for a few turns, and it still happens at the same time.

This is on the Mac version, both on 2.03 and 2.04. I wonder if there's some sort of trigger in the mission at that timestamp that's causing it. Anybody else experienced it?

Which mission is this? I played the campaign quite far after the release of CMSF2 (IIRC I got to the mission where you have mainly Abrams and face off against very good quality Syrian troops who prepared an ambush, must be 10+ something).

It's at night, and starts immediately after an ambush of your HQ vehicles on Rte Lightning. You have 2 Abrams and a scratch platoon at the opposite end of the freeway. It's not difficult to make progress (because the Abrams is already able to range most of the map) And you an take the first objective (a walled compound very near the road) pretty easily. 

The ultimate objective is a mosque and some buildings the other side of the map, and it was while organizing for this (I was enjoying this mission...) I got the CTD. 

Here's a screengrab showing the command phase in the turn before.

2231799_ScreenShot2020-10-28at11_41_08AM.thumb.png.8f240925e68a349bb207da593b6af4e0.png

I recall some issues in CMSF1 and did the 'ceasefire' trick, took the tactical defeat and progressed to 'dagger fight' which is an absolute nail-biter.. 

Edited by Sulman