Throwing a Track

A search I did on this subject didn't quite answer my question. It was said before that tanks COULD throw a track just from driving fast and turning (I think under the search for breakdowns). It was also said that the Tiger was known for this and therefor had to be driven very carfully. Can armour throw tracks at random in the game and is this feature in the demo? I've never had it happen.

Thanks

To my knowledge they can. I know for certain that vehicles get "hung up" on terrain features. I had a Stug moving through scattered trees in LD, and then it stopped. It wouldn't go forward or backward, only rotate. I kept giving it orders to reverse, and six turns later it freed itself. Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

I have had tanks become Immobilized for no apparent reason (ie, no mines, no enemy fire) while moving FAST. Also, I've seen tanks bog down, fight it for a while, and end up Immobilized.

There's no message that says "thrown track," and in these situations there could be other explanations for the immobilization. For instance, the bogged tank might have just become hopelessly mired and the speeding tank might have blown its motor. It really doesn't matter what exactly happened because the result in game terms is the same--something went wrong and the tank is now incapable of moving under its own power. So you're free to say, when talking about the episode, that the tank threw a track wink.gif.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

I've had many of my tanks become immobilized for no apparent reason. I just can't figure it out and it is very frustrating. confused.gif

I have noticed that just before this happens there seems to be a loud "explosion" eek.gif and once the tanks become immobilized, they begin to smoke and the crew goes running. I hope this is fixed in the final version.

biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I have had a halftrack become immobilized for no apparent reason in one of my games, actually, it became abandoned. What might have happened, is something went wrong, like the engine or tracks, and instead of sticking it out in the vulnerable halftrack they decided to take cover. There was no explosion, or anything (tracers, mortor shells, etc..) the Halftrack crew just bailed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanE:

I've had many of my tanks become immobilized for no apparent reason. I just can't figure it out and it is very frustrating. confused.gif

I have noticed that just before this happens there seems to be a loud "explosion" eek.gif and once the tanks become immobilized, they begin to smoke and the crew goes running. I hope this is fixed in the final version.

biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFL

Sometimes I have noticed that a group of my guys (3) drops to 2 or 1 guy. And sometimes they all just disapear… hate it when that happens! biggrin.gif

------------------

Always Check Your Six!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanE:

biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly you were driving a British-made tank with Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrics. biggrin.gif

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !