Combat Mission South China Sea

Does anyone else think a Combat Mission: South China Sea game could be fun? I understand it would primarily be an aerial/naval engagement, but I think following a MEU or battallion of paratroopers through an island hopping campaign, seizing airfields and navy bases and whatnot could be a cool concept. Obviously it would have to be limited in scope but I think it would be cool. I guess the biggest hangup would be the fact that China hasn't fought a major conflict in this century, so their tactics/capabilities are something of a question mark. But I'd  happily spend money on another game about a US vs peer conflict in the vein of CMBS 

3 hours ago, hebrewhammer926 said:

I understand it would primarily be an aerial/naval engagement,

This would be the main focus, and the CM system is primarily about tactical conflict by land forces with very limited air (and virtually no amphibious) contributions. 

On the other hand we have a Japanese mod and scenario someplace, so it could work.  As you noted, we know very little about Chinese military capabilities as their RL combat seems to be limited to attacking Indian troops with baseball bats and putting millions of Uighurs in concentration camps.

Edited by Erwin