CMSF2 Syrian BMP C2 / radio issue.

In the screenshots provided, the Platoon HQ does have radio c2 with the Company HQ in a bmp. However, the Platoon's BMPs do have a radio, but don't have c2 with the platoon HQ. I tried moving the bmp within LOS, but c2 was only established when close unbuttoned visual c2. I think this shouldn't be happening, not sure if this is known already.

Bmp-radio1.png

Bmp-radio2.png

Speculating. I think a BMP without its infantry is just the driver and gunner. So the commander's AWOL. I recall a discussion about that a long time ago. Its a flaw in the old Soviet crewing system. Someone's probably going to show up and correct me, but that's my recollection.

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Speculating. I think a BMP without its infantry is just the driver and gunner. So the commander's AWOL. I recall a discussion about that a long time ago. Its a flaw in the old Soviet crewing system. Someone's probably going to show up and correct me, but that's my recollection.

Well all speculation that could explain it is welcome :). In my memory, it's the optics of the commander's station which can't be used by just the crew (of BMP1 / 2 iirc). So, without commander in the vehicle they can't use the optics properly, but never knew/experienced that for radio's. It does seem a bit unlogical too I'd say, because they could just grab the headset from commander station and put it on 😉

However, it could be an explanation for this issue . So I tried it out as I made a save before, and it seems that crewing the BMP with half a squad (incl the leader) doesn't give them the ability to use the radio in the BMP. So, this doesn't seem to be the case I'd say:

Bmp-radio3.png

Edit: in the same screen the BMP doesn't have c2 either, although the screen just shows the halfsquad.

Edited by Lethaface