Are a lot of people using Hamster faces???

I had another thread "what faces are you using". To my surprise hamster faces are being used. I have been on the board for a while now. I just changed names from Shatter50 to Shatter. To be honest when the hamster mod came out I thought how stupid and nobody would use them but maybe a couple battles. I have not and never will download the hamsters. Now there are more people using Hamsters than I figured there would be.

So why do you guys use them. This is a game of realism. I just cannot see putting hamster faces on my troops.

CM is not a petting zoo.

Yes I know the whole story behind the Hamster thing, I have been around a while.

Again I not trying to bash just cannot understand the need for hamsters. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 12-29-2000).]

by shatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Again I not trying to bash just cannot understand the need for hamsters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use it totaly for the humor. Personaly I view Combat mission more as a chess match than a war fought between cyber people. Much like a couple of my chess sets I could care less what the pieces look like, only that I know what they are.

Hamsters / cats

cats / dogs

water / fire

x's / o's

makes no diffrence to me really.

The Hamsters just allow me a grin and a smile now and again. For me that is enough for their use.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

You can have my hamsters when you pry them outa my cold, dead....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax Forever Babra

Wouldn't want to get near your A%# let alone your cold dead A$%. biggrin.gif

Seriously most people I think play the game for its realism.

If you guys want to use Hamsters for laughs go right ahead its your choice. I just wanted to understand why, and somebody gets ticked off. Oh well that was not my intention.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

I am not in the least ticked off. I think YOU are taking something someone else does too seriously.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, just wanted to know why Hamster Head are on troops when all the other mods are made to simulate realism except maybe the Chistmas tree mod and Star Wars Stormtrooper mod.

Maximus wrote:

> It all started on this board (at least) with a thread called "SS are really over-priced Hamsters".

Naw, it started in the Peng Thread, like everything else of value on the board. As you may be aware, Peng comes from The Knights Who Say "Ni" and Guardians of the Words "Ni-Wum" and "Ni-Peng", from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as does the phrase "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries", and various other Peng Thread traditions such as the concept of taunting and phrases such as "Ah vave ma pravat parts at yer aunties!".

While I might be shocked and saddened to see my own brave forces arrayed against a bunch of hamsters, I certainly don't begrudge anyone else the right to do so.

What I'm waiting for is the mod where all the uniforms are tuxedoes and cocktail dresses. And a few party hats. It's New Year's, after all.

------------------

"Arms are my ornaments, warfare my repose." - Don Quixote

Easy there Shatter. You're new to the board and this one, I'll warrant, isn't like too many others.

There is a dedicated thread for taunting each other ... known as the cesspool (aka the Peng thread). Its inhabitants are dedicated gamers who also don't take life, or armor thickness, or relative muzzle velocities, impact alignment and trajectories of AT vs HE vs T too seriously, hence the hamsters and hamster jokes. Forever Barbarella, er, Babra is one of them (as am I). He wasn't mad. It was an inside joke that you couldn't know without having been around during the height of hamsterism.

Nothing personal.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 12-29-2000).]

Oh I see how it is Moriarty.

I let you finally win a game... and what do you do? You get the big head and decide to crawl out of the pool and post in the real world.

If I would have known my loss would cost the rest of the forum so much. I would have pounded you like last years fruit cake.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Easy there Shatter. You're new to the board and this one, I'll warrant, isn't like too many others.

I am not as new as you think. I just changed names from shatter50 to shatter check it out. The only way to do this is start over.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Oh I see how it is Moriarty.

I let you finally win a game... and what do you do? You get the big head and decide to crawl out of the pool and post in the real world.

If I would have known my loss would cost the rest of the forum so much. I would have pounded you like last years fruit cake.

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen the file, but I'll take it from your tone that topplement is complete.

I would be honored to do battle with you again, at your convenience. Door's always open.

Shatter: I've said my piece. Take it for what it's worth and in the spirit it was offered ... or not.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line