Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Freezing problems

Cm keeps on freezing on my machine, i have only finished a few games so far, i have a voodoo3, confused.gif

its a great game however, and if this is a beta problem im gonna buy it when it comes out, oh yeah, one more question, you are all talking about nashorns etc, is there another demo or are you all linked to the developers?

------------------

This is my rifle,

this is my gun.

This ones for killing, this ones a tasty alternative to turkey at christmas.....

A few people on this board are beta-testers and have access to newer beta versions than the rest of us do (they're on version 50+, while the demo is beta version 14).

As for the freezing of CM on your computer. I would suggest unloading any other running programs, including programs in the System Tray (assuming that you are running a PC). I would also suggest disabling virus protection while you play; it probably doesn't have any bearing on your problem, but you may want to anyway. Next you may want to play around with the "acceleration slider" which you can get to by going to Control Panels - System control panel - Performance tab - Display button. Move the slider one "click" to the left. This will reduce some of the hardware acceleration that you get from your card (forcing some of the drawing commands to be performed by software instead of hardware). If the first "click" doesn't do it, then you may want to try additional deceleration on this slider. If you get to the point that hardware acceleration is completely off, then something else may be the cause of your lock ups (and POSSIBLY not your video card/video drivers).

You may also want to play with your audio acceleration (yeah, it does sound weird), which you may or may not have. Go to Control Panels - Multimedia controls - Advanced Properties button of the Playback section - Performance tab and click the Hardware Acceleration slider one click to the left. If you have Windows 95 or certain sound cards, then you may not have access to this feature.

If you find out that one of these solutions fixes your problem then you MAY want to consider updating your drivers for your hardware. The caveat here is that sometimes upgrading your drivers causes other problems or, as quite often is the case, still doesn't resolve your problem.

If you have further problems or questions, go ahead and post them on this thread.

I've been posting my freezing problems on this board for months. Tried all your suggestions and nothing works. I also have a Voodoo 3 card.

Interesting though, I can play Shadow Company, which has a similar 3d environment without any problem. In fact, I can play any other game I've ever tried without any problem except Combat Mission. How about you folks posting a newer demo so we can try it out to see if we can get it to work?

Thanx, its not much of a problem, i just load up the autosave anyway, just checking in case the game just doesnt work with voodoo3 cards, i used to have a matrox millenium and they were notorious for not working with certain games, did i hear silent hunter there?