Hi all..Im thinking about buying this game can you...?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Yes. It as close to perfect as war games of this scale have gotten. It also takes over your life. Buy it at once.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It takes over your life?

You'd never be a good crack dealer, Mr. IV.

"It's a great high, you'll be soaring in the clouds. Then after you come down, you'll be selling your furniture and licking the carpet trying to find one li'l flake that may have fallen out of your pipe."

The correct way to phrase it is;

Well, they say CM's addictive... But you look like a sharp guy. You can handle it.

Guest Madmatt

Well I suppose it depends on what you mean by "Historically Accurate'.

If you mean, Do the weapons behave in the way in which they did realisticaly, then the answer would be: YES

If you mean, Will I find thouroughly researched and accurate Orders of Battle and TOE's and troop dispositions, then the answer is: YES

If you mean, Will my troops behave in a manner that is consitant with troops battling each other and the hostile environment in which they are placed, then the answer is: Yes.

If you mean, Will real world tactics and proven military thinking play out in a realistic manner, then the answer is: YES

If you mean, Will the game transport you back to the European Theater of Operations like no other wargame in history, Then the answer is: Yes

If you mean, Will the level of immersion both graphically and sonically totally blow you away, then the answer is: Yes

If you mean, will you phyically cringe when artillery strikes near your troops, will you duck when a MG-42 rips out its telltale signature, will you scream and curse as a high velocity 88 shreds your last Tank Destroyer, then the answer is: YES.

If you ask, Will the game surprise me with what plays out on the screen time and time again, then the answer is: YES

If you ask, Will this game take a death grip on my free time and force me to forsake my job, family and outside life, then the answer is : YES

If you ask, is the game itself supported by a vibrant, intelligent and hard working community of people, then the answe is : YES

If you ask, Is the company behind this product going to provide support and information like no other in the history of Computer Entertainment, then the answer is: YES

Stop by my site listed below in my signature, and visit the other TWENTY-FIVE and counting sites signed up into the Webring. We are all fans and supporters of this game to varying degrees.

Combat Mission is the very epitome of the wargame we have wished for decades.

The wait is over. Combat Mission has arrived.

Should you wait another minute to join us and see what all the excitement is about? NO

Thanks and enjoy the ride!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-29-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzershrec:

Hehehehe I love to see a happy game fan.

Okay Ill buy it today.

Whats the best websit for maps/info?

Any suggestions for a newbie, I wont be playing online for a couple of months (I just bought a new home - no DSL/cable modem access)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I humbley submit my site, Combat Mission HQ, as your first stop for what you seek..

CM Borg, please do the honors.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Well I suppose it depends on what you mean by "Historically Accurate'.

If you mean,....

LONG SNIP

Thanks and enjoy the ride!

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truly a man of few words. LOL! Oh well, guess it nicely balances my initial one worder.

You might also consider visiting www.thegrognards.com (I might as well do some humble plugging as well!)

Cheers

wink.gif

Panzerschrec wrote:

> I wont be playing online for a couple of months (I just bought a new home - no DSL/cable modem access)

The current incarnation of 'online' play is Play By E-Mail (PBEM), which doesn't require a high-bandwidth connection.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT