Jedburgh ops in Eastern Brittany June-September 1944

Over on FB, Soldier of Fortune posted a short piece on the Jedburghs and William E. Colby's actions as a Jedburgh. He eventually rose to head the CIA. A quick trawl of CARL's catalog found this CMBN pertinent Master's thesis. It chronicles the Jedburgh ops of seven separate teams, all operating in Eastern Brittany in support of the Maquis from June 1944-September, by which time the Allies had taken over the entire area, ending Jedburgh ops there.

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm/ref/collection/p4013coll2/id/1228

Regards,

John Kettler

About a dozen years ago I had a book that detailed the ops of various Jedburgh teams all over France. I think it might have been a translation from French. Sadly, it was one of the scores of good and interesting books I had to give up a few years ago, and I do not even recall the title. However, if there is interest, I will search around and see if anything rings a bell.

Michael

rocketman,

You're most welcome. CARL is like having an entire network of gold mines, so great are the treasures it holds.

Michael Emrys,

If you happen to think of the title of the book or the author, please post. Also, have this nagging faint memory that I read a CGSC Staff Study on Jedburgh ops and recall the results weren't that much. On a separate note, I expect to be in your neck of the woods over a TBD time in November and possibly extending into early December. We're supposed to have tea and scones per your invitation, I believe. No word on Lemon Curd or Double Devon Clotted Cream!

Regards,

John Kettler