Anyone with a Mac have Mord's AFV Chatter working?

Apache

Downloaded and unzipped Mord's radio chatter mod v1.21 that I understand is for SF1 and SF2.  Mac folder for the mods is Applications / CMSF2 / Data / Z (I have Vin's animated text working from there) but installed this and zilch, no sound from any vehicle whatsoever.  Take this out and the sounds return OK.  The voice mod also seems to result in very little verbal activity from the squads too (but that might just be down to doing a short test with two squads but not a sound when they've been given a move order and nothing when they spot enemy infantry.

Not sure if it's a Mac issue, MY Mac with an issue or a mod compatibility problem.  Shame was looking forward to using them both, binned for now :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 9:11 AM, Apache said:

Not sure if it's a Mac issue, MY Mac with an issue or a mod compatibility problem.

It's a Mac issue. That mod was made way back and I didn't know at the time Mac's use a different khz setting. The mod runs at 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. Macs use 48.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. My BS mods don't have that problem if I remember correctly.  I have no idea when I can even get the time to mess with it but in the mean time if you really want to get it running you can convert the files in a Wav editor. There might be someone that could just batch edit them and that would fix it period. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to batch edit.

Sorry, brother!

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Apache said:

Thanks Mord.  Been away on holiday, will have a look.  Thought something was odd LOL.

CMFDR sent me a test run of the files that he edited in the proper bit rates. He doesn't have a Mac so we don't know if they work or not. I'll post them if you wanna give them a shot. If they work I'll upload them to CMMODs.

EDITED: Sent a PM Link.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

20 minutes ago, Apache said:

Thanks!!!! I'll test them out over the weekend.

You're welcome. All thanks go to CMFDR, he's the man! Let me know if you have any problems down loading. Some times the DB links can get screwed up.

Mord.

• 1 month later...