Wouldn't it be cool if...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could give out medals to specific units after a battle (assuming you are playing a campaign of course). The game could determine what medals you have available based on the battle and give you a selection OR could just assign medals to specific units on its own. Your panther takes out 3-4 (or more) Allied tanks, the game give it a small medal of some kind that is either shown in the unit info at the bottom of the screen or in the KILLS box. Your rifle company kills a large number of infantry, perhaps a bronze or silver star is shown. Purple hearts would appear after a battle to a unit that had survivors in it.

I think it would be a nice touch. I know this would not be high on the list of priorities if it was accepted, down the road as a patch or for CM2.

Take care,

TeAcH

Hi TeAcH!

I like the idea. But only from a nostalgic cpu/board game-perspective. Since CM doesn't have campaigns, and the operations probably won't last longer than a couple of days that wouldn't be very realistic IMO.

Okay, some of your guys could be put up for a medal, but how long does it take for a soldier to actually receive such a thing?

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

Could somebody remove this Yo-Mamma character, please.

What's that I smell?

We eat trolls for breakfast

And split their skulls for fun

They never live to tell the tale

And see the rising sun

An old M.E.R.P ditty from my role play group... Just remembered that one... Don't know why...

Ah, now I remember: Jokes about mamma, dildos and gas chambers in one single sentence are NOT my idea of fun!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 06-08-2000).]

I've got a question that is sort of related, but in reverse. During an operation, If you have a vet squad or a regular squad take high casualities, say 50%. When the next battle begins and you get your replacments would they drop down to green status, ect..?

Just wondering

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Ouch! Not a good prospect, if that turns out to be true. On the other hand, surely not all replacements are green troops, are they?

I don't suppose we get to divide replacements ourselves, would we?

Nah...

------------------