Suggestion for Scenario/Campaign Follow-Up

It hit me late last night after finishing a scenario (which I believe was historically based), that it would be neat to see how I, the player, did compared to what really transpired. In other words, has there been any thought given to displaying (e.g., in a similar format to the pre-battle briefing) the actual, historical results of that battle once the scenario/operation is completed?

Obviously, this would be limited to historically-based operations, and, more particularly, those that aren't too well known/documented.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but I don't believe I've read anything relating specifically to this before.

Comments, opinions, etc.?

Mike

P.S. It's been stated a million times before, but I'd like to reiterate CM is quite a masterpiece! Thank you, BTS and others.

[This message has been edited by mike_in_texas (edited 06-25-2000).]

Good idea, Mike! Correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you would like to see something similar to what was done in Squad Leader.

To take it one step further, you could even list the historic "scores" and make quantitative comparisons.

SuperTed

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

I am not totally sure how this would be done. Finding exact statistics for individual battles (the ones in CM are not totally accurate as compared to the battle that acctually transpired. Landscape can be duplicated but the force compliment is extremely difficult to find information on.

SuperTed & V B,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not really expecting exact statistics/TOEs, but I think something generalised, along the lines of who won that particular engagement, how they did it, rough casualty estimates, etc. Of course, this `post-battle historical results summary' could be tailored to the specific situation, so the amount of detail is up to the scenario designer and/or historical information available.

Mike

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V B:

I am not totally sure how this would be done. Finding exact statistics for individual battles (the ones in CM are not totally accurate as compared to the battle that acctually transpired. Landscape can be duplicated but the force compliment is extremely difficult to find information on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess a general 'Historical Outcome' would be nice. A la 'While you managed to lose the better part of your batallion and were driven off, in real life the 5th DCLI managed to hold on to the objective, taking 129 casualties, while destroying 5 tanks and most of the counter-attacking German forces'. Should not be too difficult to provide for the historical scenarios. For fictious scenarios the scenario designer could provide a probable outcome, only stopped by his inability to handle words.

------------------

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...