How has Combat Mission affected Your alcohol consumption?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malmvig:

I'am not trying to start another 'Ping' tread but yo see this is really getting onto my nerve and after a coulplsups.. of tuurnss my heads are spinning - both of them!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's just fine, you drunken Danish git. But it's the "Peng Challenge Thread", or "The Cesspool"; not your degenerated Viking approximation of where you were yesterday before the local police dragged you off to the welcoming arms of a detox center. Bloody amateurs.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

How has CM affected my alcohol consumption? It hasn't affected it a bit. I'm still as sober now as I was before the game was released. Maybe that's why I kick everyone's ass. One tends to react quicker when one's sober. rolleyes.gif

These threads like this are totally stupid. Maybe if you all would lay off the booz, then you wouldn't be complaining about stupid little **** when you get beat.

It's like trying to explain to an officer that that STOP sign just jumped out in front of me as I neared the intersection. rolleyes.gif

And just for the record, I'm well past the legal drinking age in the US. I just choose to not be stoned out of my mind when I try to concentrate on kicking someone's ass on the cyber battlefield.

Guest Shatter50

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

How has CM affected my alcohol consumption? It hasn't affected it a bit. I'm still as sober now as I was before the game was released. Maybe that's why I kick everyone's ass. One tends to react quicker when one's sober. rolleyes.gif

These threads like this are totally stupid. Maybe if you all would lay off the booz, then you wouldn't be complaining about stupid little **** when you get beat.

It's like trying to explain to an officer that that STOP sign just jumped out in front of me as I neared the intersection. rolleyes.gif

And just for the record, I'm well past the legal drinking age in the US. I just choose to not be stoned out of my mind when I try to concentrate on kicking someone's ass on the cyber battlefield. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Maximus you have never kicked my ass and man you take things way to serious.

I am also a nondrinker by choice not by age(my age 24).

As uptight as you seem to be, maybe a drink would do you some good.

I am not trying to start anything but some people do think threads like these are funny.

I also have friends who smoke bud and drink but just because of this fact does not mean I will put them down. My oppinion threw life is worry about your own self instead of others and you will be a less uptight person.

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 11-09-2000).]

Hi Maximus, Remember Me? I remember you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

How has CM affected my alcohol consumption? It hasn't affected it a bit. I'm still as sober now as I was before the game was released.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations on your sobriety. I am told it is a very tough accomplishment.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Maybe that's why I kick everyone's ass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps it is. Perhaps it is not.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One tends to react quicker when one's sober.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely true. But quicker reaction time matters in a non-Real-Time Simulation because of...?

(please explain your reasoning to the "drunks")

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>These threads like this are totally stupid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A rather humorous and hypocritical comment from someone who initially became known on the forum for lambasting people about spelling mistakes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Maybe if you all would lay off the booz, then you wouldn't be complaining about stupid little **** when you get beat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny how many contributors to the threads about the virtues of distilled spirits such as fiftymicrolitres, Mark IV, Hakko Ichiu, Berlichtingen and Germanboy don't seem to be found whining about "stupid little ****" happening to them when they lose. It's actually difficult to find instances of them losing. Clearly they must not have played any games against someone of your caliber...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's like trying to explain to an officer that that STOP sign just jumped out in front of me as I neared the intersection.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain the pertinence of this comment to some of the readers who are less erudite than you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And just for the record, I'm well past the legal drinking age in the US. I just choose to not be stoned out of my mind when I try to concentrate on kicking someone's ass on the cyber battlefield.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For someone of your age, you seem to have some difficulty seeing a difference between the enjoyment of playing CMBO with the complement of a finely-crafted drink and playing CMBO while in a state of complete inibriation. While some distillates (and consumers of distillates as MadMatt will surely attest to) are truly dreadful, others are excellent examples of some of the more refined things that life has to offer.

Regards,

Spelling Bee

Edit: Correction of Quotation Mark

[This message has been edited by Spelling Bee (edited 11-09-2000).]

Guest dirkd1976

Here's to alcohol,

The cause of, and solution to all of lifes little problems.

-Homer Simpson

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Spelling Bee, whoever the hell you are..

First of all, I never could drink beer...gave me the ****S, so to call "these" sort of beverages, one of the finer concoctions ever made in life is beyond me. A drink that makes you sick, oh yeah, I need a bunch of those. rolleyes.gif

Yo Maximus,

You appear to be one of those not so compassionate conservatives. Why don't you follow your leader's (George Dubya Bush, Jr.) recommendation and become kinder and gentler?

I suggest smokin' a little "skunk" bud to get you back in a more normal frame of mind. In addition to that, take a walk in the woods and enjoy the splendor's of nature.

Peace Bro, life ain't so bad that you have to wear a cork up your arse all the time.

Unfortunately, I have an apartment sized 'fridge right next to my rig, only a side-slide of my computer chair to my right. The bathroom is about 10ft to my left... This is a BAD situation! My 'fridge holds 2 cases of 24 beers. I drink swill (Milwaukee's Best Ice... 5.9%) so my quality of drink certainly hasn't improved. I don't get hangovers, so there is nothing holding me back (especially on weekends that I'm home). I say this situation is unfortunate simply because, given the above situation, when I am in this perched position, I am playing CM. Now, do you know what it's like looking at your next moves the following day and realizing you have no f*cking idea how in the h*ll you ended up where you are? It's not usually in a good situation either. I am certainly from the school that when I'm toasted, my playing sucks... but, OH MAN, do I have FUN!!! smile.gif