Any official BTS/programmers posting on this board?

OK ive seen the moderator post a few times...

What I would like to see is some official words regarding patches etc.

Read at SimHQ that CM was sold out of its first pressing: would be nice to hear from BTS/Battlefront (whatever) if this is true and if it would cause any delay for the ones who are eagerly awaiting the game.

There are so many speculations on this board, so a few clarifying words would be nice wink.gif

Look at the "AcesHigh" and "Warbirds" (online sims) where the community is beeing informed frequently regarding updates etc etc.

And where is my copy wink.gif Was charged 10 days ago...still nothing....out of stock?

BR,

Rune Haugan

Steve and Charles check the board fairly frequently, so you should get a response soon.

If you ordered 10 days ago, you're probably getting a game from the 'second pressing', which I understand is a 'boatload' of CDs, so its doubtful that they're all gone.

Welcome to the board!

GAFF

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzer:

OK ive seen the moderator post a few times...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same persons - Steve and Charles who moderate this board are also the game developers. Charles is doing the coding, methinks. Latest on patches: 1.03 in the works, same with TCP/IP, IIRC. Latest version on CD 1.02, compatible with 1.01 if you have a first-batch CD, you need to DL 1.01 from the site. Mods are all 3rd party, find some and links at combathq.thegamers.net

And welcome to the board.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 07-20-2000).]

Official word I can't give you, just my opinion as a beta tester.

Version 1.01 is the latest patch, BUT be careful, the last round of CDs which you should be getting is version 1.02. Version 1.03 is being tested as I type. No official ETA yet. TCP/IP is NOT included with the 1.03 version.

The second round of cds was done and ahead of schedule, and was done a week or more ago. Steve will have to answer if it shipped, and someone in Norway can tell you how long their copy took to arrive.

Welcome tot he forum, and hope you enjoy the game!

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzer:

OK ive seen the moderator post a few times...

What I would like to see is some official words regarding patches etc.

Read at SimHQ that CM was sold out of its first pressing: would be nice to hear from BTS/Battlefront (whatever) if this is true and if it would cause any delay for the ones who are eagerly awaiting the game.

There are so many speculations on this board, so a few clarifying words would be nice wink.gif

Look at the "AcesHigh" and "Warbirds" (online sims) where the community is beeing informed frequently regarding updates etc etc.

And where is my copy wink.gif Was charged 10 days ago...still nothing....out of stock?

BR,

Rune Haugan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buzzer,

your copy is in the mail, for sure. It takes about two weeks to Norway, but some people have had trouble with packages getting stuck in customs.

But don't worry about the first print sell-out. That was some weeks ago.

If you had any specific questions regarding patches,feel free to ask.

Sten

------------------

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

Nothing to do with customs... it's because the packing crew only reads the first three letters in a country code. Me, I'm from Norway so the obvious country to send my game is NORthern Ireland (UK). I've let Steve know so it wont happen again though smile.gif

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hello Buzzer

It took quite a while for CM to get to me here in Norway, but I got it at last. It seemed as though it had been sent to the UK before coming to Norway, so thats why it took so long.

The first pressing was sold out almost at once, but the second pressing should last a little longer. wink.gif

And I think Charles is on vacation now, so Steve has to do a lot of work by himself. Its very understandable that he cannot answer every single post on this board.

You will get your copy......but you may have to wait a little while.

wink.gif

Hang in there m8, I know the feeling.

Best regards,

Heinz

As for the 1.03 patch, I think it will be out in a week or so.

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Actually 'Rune' came to my in my college days, as I researched Norse runes. The name stuck, and was my "handle" while flying in the navy. Have used it ever since...

Rune