The Irish in WW2

Thanks for clarifiying that Jon wink.gif

Argie I meant no disrespect to an Argentinians it was a factual statement based on events, made with regards to the inferiority of ENgland as expressed by USERNAME. Please accept my apology if I offended you as this was not my intention smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 03-21-2000).]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Well, isn't actual status a direct result of how people view you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting question. Rather I'd say status is a reflection of one's authority and position. I have no authority here and certainly have no respect from the majority of forum members (or else why would someone be allowed attack me and impugne me publicly without so much as a peep from 99% of them ? ).

As for X-mas. Do a search for "Schrodi" It was a post around the 10th or 11th of December IIRC.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> For one who gets a little upset about inaccuracies as you seem to, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poetic Licence wink.gif. I was TRYING to make a point Nick wink.gif. I let a little conscious exaggeration in so as to make that point more effectively wink.gif. A sin perhaps but only a small one compared to tarring someone as a racist and actually meaning it when you write it (shades of Icee).

Lastly, your comments regarding impact upon images etc etc are correct unfortunately. However, I have LONG made it my policy in both real life and the internet to NEVER let anyone get away with racism, bullying or malicious misrepresentation of me in my presence. I can also be relied upon to step to the plate 99% of the time I see racism, bullying or misrepresentation of others in their defence.

I feel strongly about these issues and refuse to let ANYONE get away with making malicious and/or untrue comments about me regardless of the cost.

Now, I'm going to lay off Icee and give him space to consider an apology but I'll be surprised if it comes. I hope it does but I'll be surprised.

Fionn;

I have no problem saying sorry for any coment that I made. I did not call you a racist not did I intend to imply that in a....as you say roundabout way. It was your immediate personal attacks which sadden me the most. I have always enjoyed your posts/articles but did not realize that you could become so enraged and mean spirted over my at comment.

I wish you would have asked me for a clarification (or maybe my English improved)rather than degrading me and wishing me physical harm.

As a christen, I can honestly say I did not know you were from Ireland (I thought you were from Finland or maybe Sweeden. I guess we both sometimes gloss over past posts (I wish I was from Australia). I would never call anyone a racist(unless I knew them very well)and if you think my 3 line comment was meant that way I am sorry for that. I am also sorry that you felt it necessary to attack me the way you did.

Thanks

Guest Big Time Software

Well, didn't this turn into a fun little thread? Looks like I stopped catching up on this one at the wrong time, i.e. just before it went totally off topic and got nasty.

This BBS was never intended to become a forum for political debate and nor should it be. Plenty of other ones for that. Since this thread is no longer on topic and is arguing about things that will never be resolved even with a BBS dedicated to the discussion, this is now locked up.

Steve