Combat Missions Perfect Game?!? See for yourself at CMHQ!!! Weds. Update Now Ready!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

We all know that Combat Mission itself is a near perfect game. Our performances while playing however often times leave much to be desired...Until now...Bil Hardenberger has thrown down a royal butt whomping on some poor nameless soul (who probably wants to stay that way) and the results are now available for all to see and awe over...AWE....

Check it out in the Chance Encounter section of the After Action Report...Of course you could just use the new Direct Links right off the front page! wink.gif

Also have a rather spooky new POTD that came right outa Moon's assssssss errrrrr ummm his AS yet unfinalized scenario! biggrin.gif yeah, thats where it came from.... rolleyes.gif

Madmatt out cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-26-2000).]

Yep - that was me!

For the record (to defend my honor and what is left of my tattered dignity redface.gif) I did fight Bil to a respectable minor victory (for me) in Last Defense. smile.gif

Anyway - I respect the lives of my troops. Five shermans would rack any infantry formation. You know it. Right. Sure. That's what they all say wink.gif

- Bill (the 0 end of the perfect game)

Ah, I could do that. If I played both sides hotseat. And explicitly tried to get that outcome. And had a lot of luck. Oh, who am I kidding? I couldn't do that. Congratulations, Bil, I am truly impressed.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Guest Big Time Software

I already sent Bil my congratulations in private email when I heard. But this is an amazing result (sorry to the other Bill). I do have to say that when I designed CE I thought to myself... if the Germans lose all three StuGs and the US have even three Shermans and some troops, the Germans are in for a POUNDING if the US guy knows what to do. Bil is a Beta Tester, so he had BETTER know what to do with 5 Shermans vs. cruddy German infantry wink.gif

Seriously Bill, bad luck that could only have been made good on if Bil (the man of one "L") had made REALLY dumb decisions regarding the position of his Shermans. Seems all his games against Fionn taught him what some shrecks and PFs can do if not watched carefully!

Steve

LOL. Our current PBEM in a scenario of Bil's design is going to be a doozy wink.gif...

Looks like a 4 companys of Brit infantry and a company of tanks versus a single Bn of German Panzergrenadiers with only 2 Schrecks wink.gif..

It'd seem a little unbalanced until you see the lovely bocage terrain the Germans have to defend in wink.gif..

One thing though, Bil's a damn good player Bill. VERY tough wink.gif. I'm not at all surprised he's the first to get the "perfect game" to tell you the truth

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Having just played a very good and hard fought game of Last Defense against Bil, I knew he wouldn't rush all 5 shermans up to treelines so I could kill them. There is really nothing a german player can do against 5 shermans without some *long range* anti armor unit. Knowing this, I ran like hell wink.gif If I had put up staunch resistance in the big woods, I probably could have broken up the perfect game, but it would have been at the cost of many many more lives. Better to run and regroup a couple miles back when my Jadtigers show up smile.gif It still was an incredible game by Bil.

- Bill (with two "l"s)

Thanks guys. To tell you the truth I got very lucky. If one of Bill's Stugs had gotten a lucky shot in or two, and they did go down fighting, it would have been a very different game. Once he lost the third Stug I knew the game was over. He gave it a try though, and lost a lot of Infantry trying to assault, without support.

Same thing I just did against Fionn in our current PBEM game... rolleyes.gif Damn!