How many?

Hi to all again!

How many vehicles can the game support in the biggest and largest maps (along with a grat computer)?

I've not the game into my hands yet and so I try to don't pley the demo (over 30 games in 2 maps small) asking this stupid questions...

Thanks anyway!

Bye!

Francesco

A lot. I don't think it has a limit, but I've set up maps with about 30, when I was testing the effectiveness of fighter bombers.

The question isn't really how many vehicles, but how many units, since a halftrack uses about the same processing power as an infantry squad. If you start playing huge maps, get a good book, because these can take forever to load each turn.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Really depends on how fast and powerful your computer is. With mine I'm maxed out at a battalion sized force on a medium sized map. Anything larger and I have serious slowdowns in processing. I have an AMD 6k 450 processor.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

There is a hardcoded limit somewhere in there, at least for the scenario editor. It is around 250 units of all types IIRC, i.e. about 6 pages of unit selection screens on my computer. That is per side. I don't know what would happen at the limit, if something bad would happen when a crew bails out of a tank, and the system suddenly has limit+1 units to deal with...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mPisi:

and the system suddenly has limit+1 units to deal with...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it? I think it now has "unit" + "terrain" to worry about - not sure if this would still cause a problem, but at least "things that can shoot and be shot" is the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mPisi:

I don't know what would happen at the limit, if something bad would happen when a crew bails out of a tank, and the system suddenly has limit+1 units to deal with...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A better example would be splitting infantry squads. Again, I don't know what would happen.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I've tested the limit.

It's about two full infantry battalions worth of units, and then a few extras.

This is the limit for each side, counted for independantly. So you can have two slightly reinforced battalions on each side. (But perhaps not of the new corrected British type with added Carriers and more ATGs.)

Cheers

Olle

well I tested a scenario of mine where the 12th SS Panzer Regiment meets the 3rd Canadian Regiment... roughly maxed out the point cost.. jerry had 14000 Pts and the canucks as well... on my poor little mac 6500/300Mhz.. it took about 10 minutes for the computer to think and then 10 minutes to render the film.. on my G4/350 at work it took 2 minutes for the computer to plan and think.. and 4 to five to render the film. btw the map was about 2.8kmx2.8km with heavly detailed terrain and towns.

-------------

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 12-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 12-11-2000).]