New SOUND - PROFILE - FACE - TERRAIN mods at Toms Combat Mission HQ

Guest Tom

soundmod.jpg

Hi all ,

Added some new mods to my website:

1.) Nightcrawlers Sound Mod V. 1.6

Tons of great new replacement sounds ( planes , flak etc. ). Those of you who still use the older versions will be happy to hear that you are not forced to download the whole 12 MB file again , since I splitted these files as usual.You may download all files that are marked as " NEW ".

2.) Skin/Face Mods

Two new face mods for your soldiers .There are two variations for each mod: the " normal " version ( very popular and well known from Madmatts site ) can be used with the original CM graphics , while the new " toned down " types should be used with Gunslingers alternative " Techware " mod. The new faces replace the original bitmap files 5100 - 5111 in your /BMP folder.

MOD 1 was made by Marcus Bloess and contains nearly " photo realistic " skins ( taken from various 3D FPS games and modified by the author ). Looks incredible good....

MOD 2 was designed by Dave Aitken . These skins were " handmade " . If you look closely , you will see that these soldiers had to fight since several weeks...without much time to rest .....

3.) More great unit profiles from SINPOET.

4.) Two Alternative Marsh Terrain Tile Sets

These alternative graphics replace the marsh tiles ( bitmaps 628 - 633 ) with something that looks like flooded meadows or swamp. I think this set will look cool in D-DAY scenarios , where it could represent areas in the allied dropzones.

Thanks to Kevin Peltz for this nice add-on.

Inspired by Kevins graphics , I started to work on my first mod. My tiles also replace the original marsh bitmaps. With these new tiles you can build up swamp zones and small brooks which are characteristic for some european areas , especially in the Netherlands. Hint: since I added a motion blur effect on one on these tiles , this one looks great as waterfall too.

All these mods can be found in the " mod " area on my website ( look at the " graphics " and " sound " sections.

Regards

Thomas Klimisch

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Hi Schrullenhaft ,

mhh..please check again. The html code is correct and also the downloads for both files work fine for me . Maybe it´s one of these nasty netscape/explorer problems ??? Please let me know if you could get it to work.

Regards

Tom

BTW: " Schrullenhaft " is a great pseudonym. How did you earn this nickname ?

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

Tom - yeah, it looks like it may be a problem with Netscape. When I had the mouse on each graphic it indicated that the same file would be downloaded for either one. I assumed that somehow you may have had the HTML accidentally pointing to the same file. I just used Explorer 5.5 and the download worked fine.

My nick - I picked it out. Seems appropriate for me sometimes when I work with computers (or life in general...).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom:

(...)

4.) Two Alternative Marsh Terrain Tile Sets

These alternative graphics replace the marsh tiles ( bitmaps 628 - 633 ) with something that looks like flooded meadows or swamp. I think this set will look cool in D-DAY scenarios , where it could represent areas in the allied dropzones.

Thanks to Kevin Peltz for this nice add-on.

Inspired by Kevins graphics , I started to work on my first mod. My tiles also replace the original marsh bitmaps. With these new tiles you can build up swamp zones and small brooks which are characteristic for some european areas , especially in the Netherlands. Hint: since I added a motion blur effect on one on these tiles , this one looks great as waterfall too.

All these mods can be found in the " mod " area on my website ( look at the " graphics " and " sound " sections.

Regards

Thomas Klimisch

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are a must have !...finally you can create those little rivulets and creeks.

Best job I saw so far !

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

Guest Madmatt

I would also like to chime in and say well done on the new terrain mod. Only problem is that Marsh is still uncrossable by vehicles.

Just something to remember for all you map makers out there.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-08-2000).]

Madmatt: Thanks for pointing on this important issue: Mods DON´T change the internal game structure ! ( At least that was the reason for me to choose the marsh tiles for my brook mod: you now have a small water area that can be crossed by infantry but NOT by vehicles. )BTW: Thanks to you and " Tiger " for giving us the new " Sandy Tiger " mod.....INCREDIBLE !

Eric: To be honest: your " LaGleize " scenario was one of the reasons for me to start with the " brook mod ". Thanks for the inspiration !

Regards

Tom

------------------