Never be rude to an Irishman

This is to Fionn concerning the earlier, rather silly spar in thread "Russia the Evil Empireblahblah". As it was locked up (for a reason) before I could reply to you, I'd like now to apologize. My fault, should have read Mr.Sumptings post with more care. I actually had earlier read very similar looking newsline about an interview of a Chechnyan young man who had been beaten up and raped by security troops in a "filtration" camp in Chechya, until he was bought out for ransom. Wait, I'll dig it for yar digestion...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>In the "Internat" he was brutally gang-raped by four or five OMON officers. "Zelimkhan" was blindfolded and handcuffed and ordered to lay on a table face down before being raped with wooden clubs and the butt of machine-guns. He was also repeatedly kicked in the area of the genitals while asked to stand naked by a wall. "Zelimkhan" said the officers also squeezed his genitals, repeatedly saying they would make him handicapped and incapable of producing children. The rape and beatings continued for two hours. He was questioned by Vasiliy, the investigator who had ordered the rape, and asked to sign a confession that he was a Chechen fighter, which he refused.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway, my mistake was to read the first post too hastily, so I didn't notice that the particular beating took place in Moscow. While I still think, that even if the target was Ernesto Guevara who had been caught from Putin's bedroom carrying a tactical nuke it wouldn't authorize police brutality, but I didn't mean to upset you, and thus now reach arm of conciliation towards you. Peace?

PS. And I really have nothing against Irish, despite the Riverdance which is more than compensated by Guinness.

PPS. Mr.Bonbonson, I'm warning you... don't even think about starting the same propagation here...

Sergei,

There was no problem before or now. You merely misread something. You've owned up to that and so all's 100% OK.

I think we'll just hve to agree to disagree as to whether the execution of guerillas not wearing uniforms etc etc is acceptable or not. It's quite a vexacious question and not one which will be settled here.

Ps. As for riverdance... Well, if someone took a TacNuke to it I wouldn't complain. Piece of tosh that it is.

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

hehehe, yeah lets send everyone to the moon and let them back on a case by case basis. No more Riverdance, no more N'sync!! woohoo.

What's so bad about Riverdance? As far as plebeian entertainment goes it could be ALOT worse. Come to New York City and see the tripe they call modern Broadway musicals. You can actually hear Gilbert and Sullivan rolling in their respective graves...

Besides, where else but in Riverdance can you see a large collection of attractive Irish girls bouncing about a stage? smile.gif

It's that fruity queen in the leather trousers I could do without... :o

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Besides, where else but in Riverdance can you see a large collection of attractive Irish girls bouncing about a stage?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there's this bar just down the road from me... wink.gif

------------------

Wow, I've had the **** hit the fan before, but never like this...

Guest Michael emrys

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides, where else but in Riverdance can you see a large collection of attractive Irish girls bouncing about a stage?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's this bar just down the road from me...

Wait, I'll get me coat... wink.gif

Michael

I missed out on the previously mentioned locked thread and have no idea what was discussed, but based on the quote above, I find it absolutely hilarious that the Cechnyan rebels gave the Russian Army a run for their money.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Sergei,

There was no problem before or now. You merely misread something. You've owned up to that and so all's 100% OK.

I think we'll just hve to agree to disagree as to whether the execution of guerillas not wearing uniforms etc etc is acceptable or not. It's quite a vexacious question and not one which will be settled here.

Ps. As for riverdance... Well, if someone took a TacNuke to it I wouldn't complain. Piece of tosh that it is.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a lighter note... did you hear about the Irishman who sat up all night wondering where the sun went? It finally dawned on him.

(I'm allowed, ...my mother is from Belfast)

Hang in there Fionn... an Irishman's not drunk so long as he can hold on to one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth!

As my friend Dave says, God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

smile.gif

All things considered as on a basis of relativity, I can live with Riverdance. Especially if Michael Flatley (Spit, spit) got replaced.

A tactical nuke, however, would be far too good for the likes of some other Irish "artistic" products, such as Boyzone and Westlife. Now -Those- I can do without.

I could also annihilate some of those early-morning radio shows on 2FM, 98, 104 and Radio Ireland. Why do people at the stations get the mistaken impression that I want to hear radio presenters joking about the price of coffee in Nigeria when I'd much rather music? And then there's Pat Kenny and Chris Barry... I want Zig and Zag back, darnit!

NTM (Is this off-topic, or what?!)

Guest Big Time Software

OK, probably a good idea to close this one up before the flood of Irish jokes start coming in smile.gif Seriously, glad everything is OK and it is probably just best to move on now.

Steve