Bogging Down and Unbogging question ?

Hi All

In a Pbem between pcelt and moi we have set up a QB set in Snowy conditions.

Upon reading the manual I/we understand that AFVs can get bogged down in such conditions (based on grd pressure etc)

All very realistic stuff it must be said smile.gif

What we do not read is if the particular movement order an AFV operates under has any bearing on the chance of getting stuck ?

Ie is Fast Move more likely to cause bogging than say Hunt ?

Conversely do any of the movement orders affect ability/chance to unbog such as reversing from bogged posistion or ?

Any info/experience of same in CM would be appreciated before our AFVs find themselves up to their turrets in white fluffy stuff smile.gif

This game and this forum are taking over my life !! eek.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

The faster your vehicle is going, the greater the chance of bogging. Best to issue Move commands unless your vehicles are on roads or dry ground.

In the Gold Demo when my Shermans bogged, they would try to unbog themselves. I think this behaviour may have been removed, as I haven't seen it happening in the full game - which would make sense, because it gives you a chance to decide what to do. If a bogged vehicle thrashes around too much, it may become immobile.

Best remedy is to give a reverse order.

> This game and this forum are taking over my life !!

Tell me about it! It's not often you get a game where you spend less time playing, and more time discussing it!

David

Hi David

Originally posted by David Aitken:

The faster your vehicle is going, the greater the chance of bogging. Best to issue Move commands unless your vehicles are on roads or dry ground.

Roger that seemed logical and probable but always like to check such matters.

If a bogged vehicle thrashes around too much, it may become immobile.

Best remedy is to give a reverse order.

As I suspected, but good to know.

> This game and this forum are taking over my life !!

Tell me about it! It's not often you get a game where you spend less time playing, and more time discussing it!

All part of the fun smile.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

Haven't tried it personally, but I believe you can ram vehicles to unbog them. What I have seen is where an immobilised vehicle is pushed out of the way - so it would make sense if a bogged vehicle became unbogged if you nudged it. I'm not sure if you can re-mobilise a vehicle if it has become immobilised through bogging - I think this indicated a thrown track, so probably not.

David