Rugged Defense forms - anyone else having problems?

At the moment I can't really get the most out of the Rugged Defense site, because any time that I fill in a form, I get an error of some kind.

Does anyone else get this when registering or looking for opponents? Maybe the forms should be fixed.

------------------

battlefront.com forum: "DO A SEARCH DO A SEARCH DO A SEARCH"

Just tried to report a new game starting on the RD ladder, and it did not work.

Guys, get a decent cgi form script for heaven's sake!!!

http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/

Try this link, because I can't believe that anyone is able to use the current forms up at Rugged Defense.

------------------

"War is like the cinema. The best seats are at the back... the front is all flicker."

- Monte Cassino by Sven Hassel

Well, the only forms I have problems with are the RD ones.

They even have a message saying "If you have problems using this form, pleas email us the information"

All I am saying is, why can't someone there spend an hour or so getting a simple cgi form script working.

Look, if their forms are so watertight, then why would they print this:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If your browser has problems with this form, please send me data by email.  Cyberfox <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So there is clearly a problem, which can easily be fixed by downloading one of the hundreds of cgi form scripts available on the web.

------------------

"War is like the cinema. The best seats are at the back... the front is all flicker."

Hey M.Bates, knock it off. That type of response only ignites flame wars, which you've no doubt been around long enough to see are an absolutely useless way of communicating.

Tanaka asked if you emailed him. Did you? What did he say? You responded by telling him to read the whole post. I reread it, and it doesn't say anywhere that you emailed him. So why the sharp reply?

Perhaps you could tell us the specific nature of your problem. When it isn't working, what is it doing. Do you get another message other than "Please email me?"

If so, what is it.

I have not had any problems with the RD forms, so I am curious what it is you are experiencing. What browser are you using? A friend of mine had problems reporting while using Netscape, but no problems using Explorer (I don't know why).

[This message has been edited by Richlop (edited 09-23-2000).]

hmmm... you told me to read the whole post. I reread it, and I don´t see nathing new ... only your blindnes !

"Perhaps you could tell us the specific nature of your problem."... please don´t, go to shrink in order to do it.

Ok,don´t get over excited, I will ignor your postes for now on and I strongly advice the others to do the same.

Thanks,

João

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 09-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 09-23-2000).]

The form up there at RD at the moment sends the information by email, so for people who use Yahoo or Hotmail etc., it probably isn't much use.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Oh yeah, I forgot that my friend was also using yahoo mail, so I think you're right. He recently got a new address through his ISP and now everything works ok.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, so if Rugged Defense could get normal form scripts then everyone can use the service properly. It would seem to be defeating the purpose of an otherwise entirely web-based playing service, that some players have to manually submit these details. Indeed, those that rely on web-based email will have to copy Cyberfox's email link, then enter their web-based account, paste the address, then flick between pages to work out which categories they should cover in the email...

If necessary, I am willing to host a form on some webspace which automates this process.

------------------

Thanks, M.Bates. I have A Yahoo! account, and tried to set up my first PBEM account not 3 minutes before reading your post and thought what the hell is this? Please note that all I do for 8 hours a day is test games, websites, browsers - only to tell these turkey programmers in "Bugzilla": "Your sight needs to be fixed after only 5 minutes of testing." Also note that CM would be wasting its money having our lab testing its game: almost perfect.

1. Sign on to "bla bla bla.com"

2. Click on [new member]

3. Fill out information fields

4. Note the following error message "bla bla"

(I talk to the programmers like they're five-year-olds so as not to offend them. Otherwise they won't fix the problem.)