Blocky smoke?

Guest Scott Clinton

Make sure you are using the "High Qualtity" setting for smoke.

Look under the "Hot Keys" but I think it is cntl-I to cycle through the three settings.

If this does not fix it make sure you have the latest Direct X installed and the latest drivers for your video card.

If none of this works email Steve and give them your system specs. I think they want to know about this stuff.

Good luck! smile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

If you are using Voodoo3 the answer is to use the latest driver with DX7------this cures the problem. If you are using V2, I think you have to use the other smoke option or put up with the blocky translucent smoke.

I was over at my brothers house over the weekend and we got CM running on his machine. He has an older Diamond 330 video card and a VooDoo 2 3-D video card. Had to download latest version of Direct X and most updated video drivers for the Voodoo to even get the game to run. When we got it running he had the blocky smoke too. Didn't try to go to the low detail smoke setting (this is assuming the default is the high detail smoke setting). My guess is that would have cleared it up. But we were too busy playing the game to really care.

Mikester out.

Went to the smoke setting and did a shift-I. The next setting that came up was "none" so I believe I had high quality.

I have a voodoo3/2000 and have all the latest drivers including the latest dx. I'll wait for the game and patch and see how that works before emailing Steve.

Guest Scott Clinton

There are three settings for the smoke.

But this may be one of the 'issues' they are having with Voodoo cards. I really don't know, I don't have one so I have not been following this too closely.

Good luck.

(oh, yeah, it was shift-I not cntl-I smile.gif )

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I have a V3 2000 and the smoke looks fine to me. No blockiness at all. Make sure you have the January, 2000 drivers for DirectX 7.0 and everything should be fine. And Scott is right, there are three settings for smoke: none, low quality, and high quality.

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS