HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have everythign unzipped to its proper place, but a ,essage says when I try and run the demo........

"The procedure entry point DirectDrawEnumerateExA could not be located in the dynamic link library DDRAW.dll

Been looking forward to playing it after I read all the instructions and now I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly angry,

Any help?

It sounds like a DirectX issue (ok, duh, that sounded obvious). The game is making a DirectX call to draw to the screen and your DirectX software doesn't understand the command. I'd suggest installing DirectX 7.0a (approx. 6.5Mb download):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=16819

This may also be an issue with your video driver (depending on how old it is). I personally haven't read through the help topics for problems, so this may already be in there.

Guest KwazyDog

Von Brizee, I think you may have just found your problem. NT and games definately do not mix well (I did manage to get quake to run under it years ago, but never tried another game again because it was such a head ache smile.gif). I believe that directX wont even install under NT, though I havnt played with NT for a year or two.....

maybe you should consider a dual boot one your system with 98 for games (well, combat mission smile.gif), and NT for whatever it is you do smile.gif ?

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 05-11-2000).]

If you have Windows NT Workstation 4.0 then you're not probably going to be able to play CM on it.

Service Pack 3 and above will install DirectX (v. 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 ?). DirectX 7.0a or 6.1 WILL NOT WORK with NT. Sorry... Microsquish's idea that NT is used at work and not geared for any kind of gaming.

Your next best bet is to upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional which has DirectX 6.1+ as part of the install (if you have to have some of NT's features such as NTFS or what-have-you). If you do upgrade to W2K you may have to check out the availability of drivers for your video card. Some drivers are still in Beta for W2K, so there could be some problems, but it will more than likely work (uh... that's a big guess).

Guest Big Time Software

Sorry to say this but Combat Mission most likely won't run on Windows NT. The reason is that NT lags behind Win95/98/2000 in terms of compatibility with DirectX. If you're able to get DirectX working on NT, then maybe CM will work too, but we can't make any promises. Sorry about that.

Charles

Bad news. NT 4.0, SP 6.0a (the latest SP) only has DirectX 3.0 - Microsoft has no plans to add DX 6.0+ to NT, as its a business platform, and not a home use/gaming platform. They say the same about Windows 2000, but it ships with DX 7.0. Basically you have two choices - install a copy of Win98 on your machine (set it up for dual boot), or upgrade to W2000. I personally run W2000, have for better part of 8 months now, and I love it.