PC MOD MANAGER UNDER DEVELOPMENT

OK frag, you asked for it smile.gif

Here is how I would like to use a scenario manager (I use Windows):

I would keep all the scenarios in different directories, preferably under the Scenario directory (I don't know if CMBO searches subdirectories when presenting scenarios, but I suspect that it doesn't).

I would then fire up your scenario manager and be able to browse through all the scenarios/folders.

This browsing would give me all the info I need to identify the scenario I want to play, that is at least: size, length, sides, date, unit classification (mech/combined/...), terrain type and my own comments (rating, number of times played, plain text, possibly more). I probably forgot something here smile.gif. It would be great if you could read the scenario briefing from the scenario file and be able to present it inside the scenario manager.

I would then select one or more scenarios for play, and have the manager copy (not move) these scenarios into the Scenario directory itself. It would also be nice (but not necessary) to be able to delete scenarios from the Scenario folder from within the manager.

Finally, I would close or minimize the scenario manager and fire up CMBO to play the scenario(s) I have selected.

I suppose the same applies to management of operations, I haven't checked how they are stored.

I don't think I need a management of saved games. Perhaps pbem creates a need for this?

One good thing about this is that it allows an easier identification of scenarios than the current scenario selection screen does.

1. 1024x768

2. Yes

3. Yes, 56k modem

I have an archive file with all the mods in compressed zip form, and a "patch" folder in the CM directory with each and every mod listed separately. In addition, I use another directory with separate folders for the original CM "wav", and "bmp", files. This allows me to easily plug mods in and out as desired.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Got a problem here ...

I did not receive any description of the BMP and WAV file that I ask for in my original message. Do someone have it somewhere, I don't want to disturb Big Time Software for it, they have a lot of work to cover.

Help me someone, I'm at the point that I can't continue the development without it...

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frag:

Cuchulainn,

why not?! Just explain me what you want to have in it, and I surely will do something of it after the mods manager...

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a sucker for punishment! smile.gif

Well I pretty much concur with Robert.

I'll think about it.

When you've finished your current magnum opus, it'll give you something else to chew on....