Graphics problems

I recently had to reformat my HD. I reloaded the beta demo after installing DX 7 and the latest drivers for my 3Dfx VooDoo3 2000 video card (on a Win98 system).

Upon launching the demo, it looks like total garbage. It appears to *not* be using my 3D card. In the demo I looked for a menu or setup feature to tell the game to use my 3D card but none was available. With the release coming in late May I really need to brush up on the game. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

-Matt

Looking through some of the previous posts on this problem (or problems with Voodoos in general) it looks like the solution is to reduce your video hardware acceleration. This can be done from Control Panels - System - Performance tab - Graphics button - move Hardware Acceleration slider to the left (recommend starting with NONE). If your problems clear up, then you can close down CM and move the slider a notch to the right (reboot) and try CM again. You can progressively do this until you duplicate the problem again and then go back to the acceleration setting where the video was OK.

If this doesn't do it, then you can search for "Voodoo" or "video problems", etc. and see what problems people have run into.

There also may be other settings in your Display control panel that may affect CM's appearance. If you need more help give us more details on what kind of graphic anomalies you are seeing.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 04-24-2000).]

Thing is , the game ran fine before you did a disk format.

I went to 3DFX's site http://www.3dfxgamers.com/view.asp?PAGE=V3Drivers There are two drivers available for you.

1)Voodoo3 2000/3000 Windows 9x WHQL Drivers - AGP/PCI Boards Version: 1.04.00

2) BETA Voodoo3 2000/3000 Windows 9x Drivers - Version: 1.04.07 BETA

Which one did you download?

In your properties, do you find that you can run all the resolutions that you were able to before?

You might need to reinstall your original drivers.