Please help

Not sure I understand your predicament, but your best bet is to contact Battlefront and explain your situation very clearly and in great detail. Their contact co-ordinates can be found at the top of one of the main pages.

Generally they are very good about replacing broken discs as long as you bought them directly from them and not from CDV. You will probably have to supply some proof of the original purchase, or the melted cd and charred manual to give as exchange for a new one. But they are genuinely nice guys and will do anything reasonable to help.

Please note, however, that as you certainly know if you were a previous owner, that CMBO is a completely different product from CMBB, which is a different product from CMAK. So I don't think it is realistic to ask them to give away a free copy of CMBO just because you have ordered the games on other subjects. CMBO is a unique product with its own special longevity, and will have value as a collector's item, especially if it is in the form of a CD purchased directly from BTS.

"CMBO is a unique product with its own special longevity, and will have value as a collector's item..."

A friend of mine was just in Bangkok,

and he said that already there you can

buy bogus Franklin Mint CMBO Memorial

Edition CD-ROMS (with the 'old-style'

cover showing Michael Wittman dancing

with Betty Grable)in any market.

Is that the one where the CD is tinted in tricolor camo or the one in ahistorical dunkelgrau? I think Franklin Mint is planning a brass-tinted version with a photograph of Patton's pearl-handled pistol for its US release. But I have always been partial to the Estonian edition myself, probably because I'm a sucker for lurid poster art (Tom Hanks and Maximillian Schell in profile on the CD-cover).

My uncle's got the whole CM series,

glued to plaques and stacked in cabinets...

even the hard-to-get stuff like

'CM: Forgotten Battles IV-Antartica'

and

'CM: Wizards & Warwagons'

you remember all that weird stuff

BFC did towards the end...

I'll see your ahistorical dunkelgrau

and raise you a beige weltanschauung.

"Not good enough. I suspect the world-view from the Antipodes is somewhat reversed".

Yes, everything down here is the opposite...

the bark falls off the trees, not the leaves...

the animals all have pouches, and instead

of counting sheep to get to sleep, we

subtract 'em (the kiwis do yet another

thing with sheep to get to sleep, but this

is a family forum)

"Rose-tinted glasses at a minimum to call."

Fold.

Optimism was never my strong point.