Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Right actions after "Bogged In"?

Depends on how the vehicle got bogged. If it's a wet map and it got bogged just rolling along then in my experience it'll either immobilize anyway or it'll keep rolling after a few seconds of bogged. If it got bogged because it was moved over some different type of terrain then just reverse it out and hope it doesn't immobilize.

I dunno Tiger. I just had a Sherman that was bogged get loose by reversing it, and not attempting to rotate it or go forward. I figured like a real vehicle, it would be easier to just reverse than try and chance getting in deeper or turning. It worked, and the now the lil crew is happily on its way.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Guest barrold713

IIRC this has been commented upon by the new BTS member MadMatt and he said that player action has no effect on whether a vehicle frees itself or becomes immobilized. Any of the above mentioned actions working is coincidental since the internal workings of the program are the only determinant of the ultimate outcome. Before I learned this, I tried just about all of these tactics and you can still try to do them if you think your personal mojo will contribute, but in reality it will be irrelevant.

Willing to be proved wrong though by an official pronouncement of my error though.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Bah ! You trust Madmatt on this?! He's prolly just saying that because he doesn't want people to try and free their vehicles during a pbem. The dastardly villian!

I think personal mojo helps too, along with pleading and cursing at the little vehicle on your screen. =D

-john

"Right! That's done it! I warned you! I warned you! Now your going to get a damned good thrashing!"....Basil Fawlty yelling at his broke-down motorcar.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

Perhaps they can be pushed free using another armored vehicle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think think they can.

IIRC from another thread some months ago, one person used a close column formation when moving on a muddy dirt road. When one vehicle bogged in, the one behind would push it loose (more or less accidentally).

Worked for all vehicles but the last in the column.

Cheers

Olle