Out of the Loop -- CM2!?

I read a few BTS folks talk about CM2. I have no clue what's going on with CM1 much less CM2. But ... well the name isn't right is it? Combat Mission : Beyond Overlord is the full name of CM1. Would CM2 be named Combat Mission : Beyond Overlord Two? I hope not. If CM2 deals with the Ruskies then what about Combat Mission : Beyond Barbarosa? I think CM2 will deal with the Ruskies from what I've read in these posts. Could be wrong, I usually am.

CM2: Barbarossa & Beyond is an even better name, gj! I wonder if CM2 will include Finnish, Romanian, Slovakian, and Italian units that served on the East Front as well?

Another thing I've been wondering is will CM2 include ski troops? The Finnish army had a great many ski troops in the field throughout it's "three War's" + I understand that ski troops were used extensively by the Soviets in the defence of Moscow as well?

I think that Talonsoft's East Front 2 did a great job of incorporating ski troops, and the units of lesser known countries (those besides Germany and the USSR) -My guess is that CM2 will do an even better job!

How about Comrade Mission?

Now thats not that funny so maybe Mr ModMatt with the shaved head and cheesy goatee will show his moderation and lock this up.

I also like CM2: Beyond Kursk. Most of the german vehicles are already modeled.

I am not really that interested in the early war or street fighting unless alot of building issues get addressed. Most of the early war does not lend itself to CMs scale due to its blitzkrieg nature. It also isnt very interesting beyond hunting down lone T34s. The command and control issues of the early soviet armor could be bypassed till the engine rewrite IMO.

[This message has been edited by :USERNAME: (edited 12-17-2000).]