m4 Sherman how defeat a heavy german tank

ok,ok we know the sherman like a light tank...but this tank is too fast...more than the heavy and strong tanks of the germans...but that tanks have a problem they r too slow ... well meaby you have 3 or 4 shermans and appear a king tiger or a tiger...or any heaVY TRANk only you have to bring a bassoka and move crawling the men and shoot in the road where r pasing the tank when you do that the tank get inmobilize abut the turret is steal moving to open fire only you have to bring a sherman to behind the enemy tank but of course for another site the left or right and shoot right in fuel tank behind the tank and the tank will explote nobody going to survive to that shot

so are you saying you like the chances of shermans against heavy german tanks because the sherms move faster and therefore get a flank or rear shot on the german heavy tanks before they can turn and do something about it?

it's certainly advisable not to take on a heavy german tank head on with shermans

the terrain and the makeup of all the other units involved in the engagement play just as much, if not more, of a part in the engagement

there are just so many variables that play a part that you really can't make blanket statements about the superiority of anything against anything else w/o more facts

that being said, once the facts about an engagement are known, there are certainly better and worse ways to engage the enemy smile.gif

[ January 13, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: easytarget ]

*shrug*

It always depends.

If there's a Tiger 1km away in a hull-down position behind a ridgeline and in front of it is 900m of billiard-flat plain, it might take a /lot/ of vanilla Shermans to have even odds.

If it's the silly Hedge Maze scenario, then a single Sherman might do the trick. Heck, in that scenario, one Stuart + one flamethrower can work...

I don't seem to have a lot of problems with Tigers but the Panthers are tough to kill in my experience. True one hit from the 88mm on a Tiger will wipe out a Sherman but to me it seems harder dealing with Pathers as far as killing one. Seems the Tigers have a lot of weak spots or I am really lucky when I encounter them. The faster turret speed on the Panther may be why I have more problems with them. Course I'm talking about being close up. Any distance at all and the Sherman's don't even have a chance with either of them so you do have to flank them or get real lucky.

gotta duck and weave, you cant take em head on, I seem to give the cats a lot of gun damage with this aproach, but usually end up with a bunch of brew ups in return.

What I do is hunt and reverse, this seems to put the sherms in a shoot first position then when little buggers realize what they have done the AI seems to forget about the rest of the hunt waypoint and starts to reverse instead try it youll like it