Mod Manager

18 hours ago, Grunts said:

What is the best mod manager to use with Combat Mission? I've tried JSGME and z bee v14 and they don't make shuffling mods within or from game to game easy at all. There has got to be a better way than manually.

I see you haven't got a response so I will try to help out.  

I don't use a mod manager.  Not really sure what one is but I do have all the CM games (except Afghanistan) and have dozens of mods in each game. Some mods are game specific and not interchangeable.  The mods that are interchangeable I just copy.  So you only have to download a mod once, usually from  CMMODs III  http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

I put a copy of the mod in each game, where applicable and keep a list of what mod is in each game on a Word document.  Then generally I never mess with a mod again unless an updated mod comes out or I come across one I like better.  When I get a new computer I transfer copies of the mods from one computer to the other either via Dropbox or a flash drive.  Some of the mods I downloaded about five years ago and have used them on three different computers and am still using them.  So there doesn't have to be shuffling around of mods except when you are moving them to a new computer.  Hope that helped.           

7 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I see you haven't got a response so I will try to help out.  

I don't use a mod manager.  Not really sure what one is but I do have all the CM games (except Afghanistan) and have dozens of mods in each game. Some mods are game specific and not interchangeable.  The mods that are interchangeable I just copy.  So you only have to download a mod once, usually from  CMMODs III  http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

I put a copy of the mod in each game, where applicable and keep a list of what mod is in each game on a Word document.  Then generally I never mess with a mod again unless an updated mod comes out or I come across one I like better.  When I get a new computer I transfer copies of the mods from one computer to the other either via Dropbox or a flash drive.  Some of the mods I downloaded about five years ago and have used them on three different computers and am still using them.  So there doesn't have to be shuffling around of mods except when you are moving them to a new computer.  Hope that helped.           

Thanks and maybe you might be interested in this Mod Manager I found z Bee v14 Mod Manager here on Battlefront's website. It works.Makes it easy to load up mods then deactivate them back to vanilla. 

Edited by Grunts

5 minutes ago, Grunts said:

Thanks and maybe you might be interested in this Mod Manager I found z Bee v14 Mod Manager here on Battlefront's website. It works.Makes it easy to load up mods then deactivate them back to vanilla. 

Thanks, maybe I will take a look at that.  But I am sometimes resistant to change .................:D