Thunder Over Ponyri Campaign

Erwin

Even if I win with a Minor Victory in Mission 2 the campaign ends saying something like " Your forces Have Been Decimated" even though they have done quite well I thought.

Does one have to have a better Victory Level to continue?

Can one have different outcomes depending on the level of victory (or loss) as opposed to simply Lose vs Win?

Ok as I suspected the victory conditions required at least a tactical victory. I have changed the script so a draw will advance you to the third mission which a minor victory is required to win the campaign. Here is the link to the new .cam file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvud5tc2mvkl0ry/Thunder Over Ponyricam.zip?dl=0

Michael

Thanks for the fast response.  However, I don't have a problem as I have another 20 minutes and am pretty confident I can get a tactical or better victory.  I simply thought I could CF with 20 mins on the clock and advance in the campaign without more bloodshed.  But, am enjoying playing mission 2 very much so am happy to continue.

If I do use your new campaign file, can I still load the existing Mission 2 file I have been playing and continue to the end of the mission?

Interesting that one can specify the level of victory to advance.  Presumably the same is true for a level of loss?

Can one specify different subsequent campaign routes for several different levels of victory or loss, or is it only either/or?

I think if you load the new file it will require you to start over. I should have added the victory conditions into the designers notes but like I said I was quite the novice  (and still am :lol:) when I made this campaign. Im not sure the answer to your last question though. Maybe one of the experts can chime in.

Michael