Does flowers / crops also block the LOS when hulldown?

exsonic01

8 hours ago, Cobetco said:

hmmmm i actually don't know for sure, but i know it does effect Infantry LOS, so i assume that it blocks vehicles LOS too

Except that usually vehicles are spotting from a bit higher above the ground than even standing men. It's a good question and I don't know how far CM goes to depict the varieties of spotting height. Clearly there are limitations due to computer power and whatnot.

Michael

I would "kill" to have someone give a definitive explanation of how to utilize "hull down" command in this game!

I understand completely what hull down means...and how it applies IRL. But in the game, I can't seem to achieve a proper use.

If...I have a spot on the map that I think would make a good hull down position...and I gave my tank a command to that spot...does the AI move there and search for the proper spot(maybe a little forward or back)? If I just give the command to a spot at the bottom of a rise in terrain(hill), will the AI move the tank up the slope to a point where it is hull down to the other side?

Or...should I give the tank the command to the point on the ground where I want to target hull down(i.e. say a point on a road where I expect the enemy)? Then does the AI analyze where it needs to position the tank to be able to hit that spot and move the tank accordingly?

It just seems like it COULD be a very useful command in the game...but without better understanding of how it works, it is seems more frustrating than helpful... 

8 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

I would "kill" to have someone give a definitive explanation of how to utilize "hull down" command in this game! 

I think c3k gave an explanation here:

Hull Down has TWO types of implementation. One type has a fire command associated with the waypoint, the other does not. (This is all in the readme, if I remember it correctly.)

1. With a Target Command.

- Draw your Hull Down movement. That waypoint is the furthest your vehicle will travel while it tries to...

- At the end of the Hull Down path, draw a TARGET from the endpoint to the location to which you wish to be hull-down.

- From the beginning of the Hull Down path, to the endpoint, the vehicle tries to get hull-down to the target location. It will stop as soon as it achieves this. If it cannot achieve this, it will stop at the endpoint.

2. With no Target Command

- Draw the Hull Down movement path.

- The endpoint is the location to which the vehicle will try to achieve hull-down status, starting from the beginning of the path.

- It will stop as soon as it achieves hull-down status. If it cannot, it will stop at the endpoint.

Does that make sense?