Possibility of Holiday Sales?

Chromius

1 hour ago, sburke said:

CMFI is the one game that has not gotten quite updated to the standard and you can see in the launch screen it has no mention of the engine version.

Thank you - very helpful list. In terms of CMFI (mine currently shows 1.20 on the launch screen, after the v3.0 upgrade), do you know of any features that it's lacking that other 3.0 titles have, or is it just a cosmetic matter with the launch screen?

1 hour ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

Yes, you are right - I had the number on the wrong side of the 'x'. But if so many get the version scheme wrong, then perhaps it is not people that are at fault, but the scheme.

The same thought has occurred to me. Could it be that we are both right? Actually, it used to be even worse. For a while different games that were using the same engine version had different numbers because they came out at different times. That was really confusing. Thank god that seems to be over now.

Michael

The lack of sales is what stopping me from buying all or most WW2 titles, especially with the current pricing policy.

CMSF and CMBS are sufficiently different to warrant a full price, but paying 55 bucks for what is essentially a mission pack to CMBfN with a white ground, with a ton of assets reused - just... NO.

20 hours ago, kraze said:

The lack of sales is what stopping me from buying all or most WW2 titles, especially with the current pricing policy.

CMSF and CMBS are sufficiently different to warrant a full price, but paying 55 bucks for what is essentially a mission pack to CMBfN with a white ground, with a ton of assets reused - just... NO.

Well we all make choices in what is value or not.  I think your characterization is unfair and I actually have gotten to see some of the amount of back end work CMFB required.  Only you can decide however if the end product is worth it or not to you.

Keep in mind that one thing you usually pay for in a new family is the effort to upgrade the engine (for example CMRT introduced the idea of tank riders - CMFB benefited from the TAC AI behavior ironed out in CMRT, but recoding the vehicles to include that was all extra work)  CMFI introduced version 2 which was then back ported to CMBN. etc.  This seems to get lost in a lot of the discussions about the "value add of a family".  The benefits of that work typically go back to the other games in patches that are free or if significant enough in Upgrades that are relatively inexpensive.  BF has not raised the price of a game family in 9 years. 

Still it is your money and your choice.  Just ask yourself though if BF potentially going out of business is a good trade off.