Kill tally at game end

Guest Rex_Bellator

Guest Rex_Bellator

The main new feature which I'd like to see is a full kill tally for all units (which includes unconfirmed kills) at the end of the game. The AI obviously keeps track of who's doing what to who, so why not let us know what actually killed our precious tank confused.gif when the game is over?

The Kills Fog of War is great and very realistic during the actual fighting, but I need those extra gloating opportunites over my poor victims, when they find out that their Tiger was killed by a conscript with a screwdriver!

[This message has been edited by Rex_Bellator (edited 10-04-2000).]

uhm...you can already. Simply go to the map display and click on a unit to see which enemy units it killed. You can do this for both your units and your opponents. Perhaps I misunderstood the question - are you looking for a tabular roster?

MT

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

Guest Rex_Bellator

I use ver 1.05 and when I check kills at the end of the battle I usually get 'X' unidentified vehicles etc. Also for example the Artillery Spotters never show kills when I know that they must have killed dozens.

------------------

I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called Biggus Diccus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

uhm...you can already. Simply go to the map display and click on a unit to see which enemy units it killed. You can do this for both your units and your opponents. Perhaps I misunderstood the question - are you looking for a tabular roster?

MT

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. The numbers you see in the unit displays are confirmed kills only. And that's the problem. It's hard to get a good idea how effective a unit really was. This is especially true of units like arty FOs who almost always get "no kills" even after dropping a devasting load on a whole platoon.

This is very high on my personal Want List.

------------------

So maybe you should listen to this Vanir guy instead of ignoring him -- he has the best take on the whole thing. - Combatboy

There also seems to be a discrepancy between the total casualties shown on the AAR screen at the end of a game and the total casualties you see in damaged units. And I'm not talking about damaged units that may have run off the map before the end, which would make the on-map casualties less than the AAR screen. I'm talking about where on-map casualties are higher than the AAR screen's totals.

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

MT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might be able to get a vague idea of how your teams did but I think we'd all like a complete AAR at the end of our long battles showing how each squad did with all kills available. It would make the game so much better.

Another thing that should be added would be when you pulled up this report, it would highlight the squad on the map in an outline. That way, if your B-2 rifle squad kicked butt, you'll be able to know exactly where on the map they died or their last position at the end of the game so you don't have to go searching for them on the map screen.

------------------

No, it can't wait till CM2.

normally I would cuss SEARCH at Rex, this has been covered repeatedly before, but since this is such a serious issue every new mentioning helps!

Rex_Bellator, Vanir, Bullethead, Colonel_Deadmarsh - more power to you!

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)

I agree, this is a very desirable feature. When I first got started, I play without FOW and you get very accurate kill figures. The FO's get massive numbers of kills smile.gif I played one QB with me on defense, the AI gathered all his infantry in a bunch of trees smile.gif I hit him with 105mm and 81mm, unloaded full battery smile.gif Tha carnage was awsome, the 81mm had like 155 kills smile.gif It was a great day.