Time limit for turn based multiplayer games

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to explain this idea, but I haven't found any forum for generic CMx2 questions :unsure: The idea is to limit the time for orders phase in turn based multiplayer games. I usually play online turn based games and I think that a limited time to play the deployment phase and the orders phases would be a good option for the players. For example, in a medium size quick battle battle, the deployment phase could last for 10 minutes, while orders phases could last for 3 minutes each one. Once two players have sent their orders or the time is over, the action phase will begin. I think It would be great for the players to freely choose the duration of deployment phase and orders phases. ¿What do you think obout?

It woulld be useful for tournaments, leagues or any competition where players must have the same opportunities. It's difficoult and boring for the players to time the turns, but easy for the computer. I think it's the only way to make balanced the turn based online mode.