CMBO QB

I just finished playing a 1500 pt QB against the AI as the Germans and for no particular reason other than a desire to goof around I went in after it finished and set up the same game parameters and played allies.

I noticed that the point distribution available to spend in the various categories was different for the allies than for the Germans. In this particular case what stood out in my mind was the fact that the Germans had 300 pts to spend on armor and the Allies were allowed 450.

This is a meeting engagement. Why would they be different?

That´s just because it´s historically more or less correct. The Germans couldn´t replace their losses as easy as the Allies, though some of their tanks were of considerably higher quality (Panther, Tiger) than what the Allies had for most of the war.

That distribution is quite balanced, as you usually need several Allied tanks to outmaneuvre a German heavy and probably you´ll lose a few of them - if it works at all...

ok, that's cool and makes sense

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something obvious

i mean in QB you're not necessarily going for historical accuracy as much as force balance

if this accomplishes that so much the better

from what i've seen using the hetzer and jagdpanther i can see how the allies would need more armor ;)