Rubble

Greetings all. I have a question concerning Rubble. First, I don't want anything to delay CM, so maybe this could be looked at for CM2. Is there anyway to "show" Rubble? For example, maybe make a 1 story house and texture it to look like rubble but not affect LOS? Just wondering if any of you mod-junkies could improve on the black square.

Lorak

P.S. please don't flame me for just wondering. Thanks smile.gif

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."

Hi

This has been discussed at length before but I will hlep some if I can. A search will provide more on this tho than I am able to give

rubble has been improved somewhat form what I understand, although there will be no major stages of degradation.

Im not sure if the texture crew can do anythign with it or not but I'M sure they will be trying all sorts of stuff when the full vers comes out.

One thing I wondered was if they could model buildings that are damaged from battle (still standing stuff tho) in teh expansion pack as that would add great visuals to the game- i dont know if this could be done in textures or not- although the damaged areas would be values as solid by the PC.

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 01-21-2000).]

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bazooka10165:

I hope so. I'm just finishing up a PBEM game in which the rubble bug got 18 of my men, including an entire MG42 unit. That one hurt.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, it was the only part of the battle that came out in my favor. Could you please stop dwelling on it? biggrin.gif

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

So Rob, I see you too are spending your employer's time reading this message board. I know, its a tough habit to break.

Too bad that you can't run CM on your computer at work. Then we could do some really serious damage to our careers. biggrin.gif

BTW - I realize that I am fixated on this rubble bug thing. I'm pretty sure that it got several of your men too. IT MUST BE STOPPED. Something is disturbing to me about having my soldiers evaporate into thin air. I'll stop talking about it now.

um, isn't that supposed to happen?

If a building collapsed around your ears I'd say that several casualties would result - especially in a multi story job.

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

Wow.. talk about an old post being revived.

JonS

What they are talking about is a bug in the beta demo (was fixed a long time ago) where you units dissapear if you leave them in a rubble hex. Not the lose of units from the building falling, but healthy units that take damage or are elliminated from just standing in the hex.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Guest KwazyDog

Very, especially in multi story buildings. I had a platoon house up in a heavy single story building that got demolished by artey and I lost about half the platoon.

It was a bad idea to start with, but it seemed safer in there than in the forest outside smile.gif

This is the single biggest problem that might drive me away from the beta demo prior to the real thing coming out. So many people bomb the hell out of buildings in these tired old dogs that there is almost no place good left to hide. Then the sci fi human eating rubble makes it impossible to use what's left. I'm running out of places to hide.

------------------

desert rat wannabe